ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T1R's no longer made?

275 Trophy
A heads-up for anybody looking; just had a message from black circle saying the Toyo Proxy T1Rs I'd ordered to have fitted Monday are out of stock and that they don't think the importer will be getting anymore. They really couldn't understand it as they say it's such a popular tyre.

These were 195/50/15s so they may have other sizes available. Got Prada Spec2s for a fiver less so not too bad.

275 Trophy
Yeah, the guy even said they were what he fitted to his civic so he's not best pleased either....

Clio 197
i wondered this as camskill were out of stock of the 195/45/16 variant when i check a couple of days ago

Evo 5 RS
Afaik they're just in short supply due to the Japanese Crisis. Then again it wouldn't suprise me, they're a very obsolete compound now.

Wondered if they'd stopped making them. TBH though, they seem to get munched on Soph's little 1.2 (which doesn't even have enough power to spin 15" wheels up), they're very poor wearing tyres.

We're trying some Falkens on hers this time round.

SG9 Forester STi
Not happy as those are what I use. I t took even more effort to get some r888's for the 197. Really hard to get hold of now, something about the uk being outbid for them, I dunno.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Not happy as those are what I use. I t took even more effort to get some r888's for the 197. Really hard to get hold of now, something about the uk being outbid for them, I dunno.

Try the parada Spec2?

Its allegedly the tyre between the R888 and the T1R

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Shame. Excellent tyres, soak up heat/track abuse with ease. Squidgy sidewalls, buit that's good for scaring the sh*t out of passengers as they squirm all over the place.

Can't understand those that say they're shite...I've done two trackdays and about 6k road miles, and I'm still looking at 5-6mm on each corner.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Shame. Excellent tyres, soak up heat/track abuse with ease. Squidgy sidewalls, buit that's good for scaring the sh*t out of passengers as they squirm all over the place.

Can't understand those that say they're shite...I've done two trackdays and about 6k road miles, and I'm still looking at 5-6mm on each corner.

Seriously? I had mine on track and I could actually notice the wear that had happened on them after about 45 mins of abuse. They honestly lasted about 4,500 miles.

Mk5 golf gti
they are not shite in peformance they just dont outlast more expensive rivals

for the money they are spot on

Clio 172
t1r are fantastic tyres for the money, had 18k out of them on the 172 and if they are fitted on the ariel atom for track experiences that says it all really. Got to change your driving style if your getting less than 5000 miles out of them or something wrong with your tracking?!