ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

t-cut

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
should i do this before or after cleaning??
thanks

neither mate. Its a very aggressive way of working!

What are you planning on doing with it?

I would clean the car, then use Autoglym Super Resin Polish (SRP) and then see if there are any marks that need looking at!

If you're using it as part of your cleaning regime...then you might as well use Brillo pads! ;)

RB 182
Instead of using the T-Cut use something like Meguairs Scratch X for the areas that really need it after the Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
ok i wont be using that then, didnt relise it was so harmfull to the paint
thanks

Rich is one of the main people to speak to. I wouldn't recommend it at all...although I'm new to the washing my car properly gang!

Halfords has a 3 for 2 on car cleaning products...so you can get the

'Shampoo - Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner 500ml - £5.99
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish 325ml - £10.99
and Autoglym Extra Gloss 500ml - £11.99'
for £22.98 which isn't bad...and the stuff will last you a fair while if used properly.

There are other alternatives...but in my opinion this is good stuff. I used to use cheaper alternatives, but the finish with these bits is good...and now the dryer weather is coming...the finish lasts a bit longer. :)

106 GTi
T-cut is an old fashioned abrassive cutting compound/polish, in the past few years the game has moved on.

Newer products contain diminshing abbrasives which mean they start off with a heavy cut, but break down into a mild finishing polish leaving a great finish. T-cut however does not, it stays abrassive no matter how long you work it/use it for and will install fine marks removing bigger ones.

After washing - Best of with something like Meguiars Scratch X to remove defects by hand. Followed up with something more mild like Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

You should always try a mild polish like the Autoglym Super Resin Polish first to see how it cleans things up before cracking out anything more harsh.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Scratch X is the s**t. I really should have thought better before scratch xing my entire bonnet though. My god the stuff is hard to remove.

106 GTi
There should be nothing to remove with Scratch X, you are meant to work it till there is nothing to wipe off to ensure it has done it's job. Any redsiue left to remove and you have not used it properly.