ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirls

Mk4 .:R32
I've noticed as the weather is getting better and the sun is shining that there are swirl marks on my bonnet. I assume they are little scratches made when cleaning the car? Can anyone tell me what product to use to get these swirls out??

Cheers

1.6 16v
meg's scratch x mate! das wot i was told, do a search on here! hundreds of threads about it!!!!

if you are working by hand meguiars scratch x would be the best bet, but it will take a lost of doing. possibly multi applications too.

Much more effective to remove them through the use of a machine polisher. perhaps a porter cable 7424 or see if there is anyone local to you that has one and is willing to do it for you.

could be worth looking on www.detailingworld.com

Cheers chaps. I will have a look round for the megs scratch x. I don't mind putting some work into it when it's nice outside :)

106 GTi
Use a folded terry towel to give more bite and even pressure to the Scratch X. Work it till its gone and there is nothing to remove and in small areas a time. Multiple applications will be needed and may never be 100% succesfull.

A machine polish is your best bet.

Are there places that specifically do machine polishing? Or does it mean buying the machine polisher myself?

Are there places that specifically do machine polishing? Or does it mean buying the machine polisher myself?

would have thought there will be someone local on dw mate. I have family in preston ( fullwood ) but not due to go up for a while so cant help i am affraid.