ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirl pot fitting? Breather?

late 2003 172cup
Hi people, I have a turbo Clio and it has k-tecs 2litre swirl pot kit in the boot. When left parked it stinks of petrol. Some people have said its because rubber pipes have been used, and one person asked me if it had a breather? I am not sure but it might not have and this could be my smells. ( like petrol can pressurizing when closed?) maybe I am getting same effect?
Any help would be great.
Cheers
ru5ehe3u.jpg

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Because you have used rubber pipes. Need to use PTFE lines pipes and proper fittings to stop the smell.

late 2003 172cup
The previous owner had this done, but to be fair it was only used as his toy. I would like to have my boy in the car now and again. Missus won't allow with the stench of petrol.
I was going to call pirtek out till my mate said how much it could cost.
I was thinking of moving it all under the car?? I just wanted to know who else had swirl pots and where they had installed them?
Cheers

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The previous owner had this done, but to be fair it was only used as his toy. I would like to have my boy in the car now and again. Missus won't allow with the stench of petrol.
I was going to call pirtek out till my mate said how much it could cost.
I was thinking of moving it all under the car?? I just wanted to know who else had swirl pots and where they had installed them?
Cheers

Pirtek are not that costly, and are a great company to deal with... Give them a call you maybe surprised, made me up some power steering pipes for about £60 (not for the clio) when the dealer wanted over £150 + vat.

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Is this that 300+bhp low mileage trophy for sale not that long ago that a guy in Norfolk (you?) bought?