ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swervring when braking

Recaro'd 182
The garage has just recently fitted new discs and pads in the last month. I braked hard today and it swerved slightly to the left.
I had to brake from 70 as someone pulled out on me.

What the usual suspect

- tyres pressures
- caliper sticking
- air in brake lines.

If it pulls to the left which side would it more likely be on the car to cause it to go to the left?

May sound daft, but it wasn't just a really uneven road surface was it? I sometimes find mine follows the contours of the road (called tramlining isn't it?) More noticeable when the front wheels are under the greatest load.

Otherwise I'd say check tyre pressures first.

What about the old discs and pads that came off - did you get the chance to see them? Were they worn evenly? Surely if they weren't the garage would have done, or at least said something.

Suspension ok?

Just my thoughts, sure somebody more clued up will be along.

1.2 16V 2005
My work van ( VW Caddy) was swerving right on braking, it was down to tyre pressure and unevenly worn front tyres.

Recaro'd 182
from the direction it swerves how can you work out which side of the car it is that is causing it?|

Arctic Blue FF 182
from the direction it swerves how can you work out which side of the car it is that is causing it?|

Say there was air in the n/s/f brake line, the car would most likely swerve to the right because the o/s/f brake is "biting" harder, so pulls the car in that direction.

Have you felt it swerving before since the brakes were replaced?

Recaro'd 182
no its the first time i noticed it the other day. so i should be looking on the drivers side if anywhere.