ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping window switch to the dash

clio 172
As a temp before i get plexiglass in my track car i want to move my window switchs onto my dash. As i have differant door cards now is it possible just to use the drivers side loom as that has both windows ?has any one elce done this asI'm just puzzled ha ha

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Yeah, take the drivers side switches out and find which wires control the windows and make note. Follow the wire either from the UCH or the door bulk connector and if you dont wish to go snipping wires, use some splicing connectors on the existing wires and take the feed to the new switch. The other end of the switch will either be a -ive or +ive feed, can't remember which one now but it will need to goto that. Take a multimeter and continuity checker to the original switch and that will tell you!
Can draw a diagram if you wish...

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You could use the drivers loom. I'd strip it down anyway to remove the rest of the tat you don't need. From memory they're a light brown and a white but if you trace them back from the switch you'll see.