ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swapping front hubs over to 58mm question

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Hi!!
Im seriously thinking of buying some cheaper rokkor coilovers for my ph1 1.2 8v but to use them i need the other hubs. But to change them over i really dont know how unattach the steering rods which are from the rack to the hub via a rubber mount? Do i need a special tool to undo them to pry the steering rod from for the hub or is it just a case undoing the nut above it and hitting it off with a mallet?
Cheers hope you all can understand what im on about!
Lee

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep.

Jack the track rod end up from underneath or it'll just spin. 13mm socket, and the nut will come off.

Then, t**t the thing out. It's best to put the nut on about 4 threads just incase you damage the TRE.

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Thanks for saving me time there! It probably would have taken me some time to realise whole thing was chuffin spinning around with the nut on the top!! Cheers for advice! :cool: