ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping Engines

Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris
Hey ppl,

I know this is a boring engine swap lol, but its more to do with getting my car back on the road.
I recently brought a clio paris 1998 Mk1 (facelift) and it looks like the cam belt has gone :(
I previously owned a clio oasis 1995 Mk1, I am wondering if the 1995 engine can fit into a 1998 bay? they are both Mk1's,
The reason I am asking before I do it, is because the two engines look different so I am not sure if they will.
Thanks for reading.

Matt

MERCEDES CLS AMG
No....the 95 is an E7F 1.2 energy lump and the Paris has the D7F 730 diet engine ( direct inj eng technology D.I.E.T )

You could transpant it if you changed the loom, ECU, box, shafts etc ... but whats the point. A D7F 730 can be repaired for next to nothing or a complete engine can be had for about £100

Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris
I thought it would be hard to swap those engines lol.
so how hard will it be to replace the cam belt on the D7F engine? I think
one of the wheels for it has had all the teeth taken off of it.
as you can tell im not mechanicly minded that much, but I am looking to try to do all the work myself as I have f**k all money, due to just buying the car :(
what sort oif tools will I be needing?

Was a 197
if u know someone who is mechanically minded who will just have a look at it and tell you whats needed then with a haynes manual and the right tools/parts it can be done, its not a complicated engine, very simple.

the problem you might have is that if the cambelt has snapped on it, it can bend/break the cam shafts, if so then engine swap is the wiser choice as an engine rebuild would have to be done

Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris
well from what my mechanically minded mate has said it looks like the crank/wheel for the cam belt has grinded all the teeth on it, I think its the crank/wheel that goes in to the engine. It still turns over, so I am not sure if it has done any damage to the inside of the engine :S Because I have been told that normaly it will sound horrible when you try to start it or it wont do anything at all.
thanks for replying, really want to try sort this out with spending f**k all on it lol.