ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swap from 1.6 16V K4M to 2.0 16v F4R level of difficulty !?

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Hello

Since this is my first post here, I'd like to say hello to everyone :)

So this is my story...
1 year ago I bought my third Clio, this time it was ph1 1.6 16V '00,
a car with no accident in his history, great paint job. By now the car looks realy nice, new alloy rims, new tyres, tinted windows, fully serviced and very well taken care off.

http://www.pictiger.com/

http://www.pictiger.com/
So much for the car, it gave me plenty of joy for the past year, but now I expect somenting more.

I've been looking for a sport 172 for a while now (only ph1, since I like it better) no luck there :(

Ok nice tale but I'm getting to the point now :)

Since I like my car a lot, I was thinking of putting a F4R in to it :)
I got my eyes on a complete engine unit with gearbox and ECU unit from Clio sport '02
Its well within my price reach, an since I will recover some cash form selling my old engine and gearbox this swap can be a good deal for me.

My question to You guys, what suprises can I expect when fitting this engine to my chassis. Is the electrical wiring very much diffrent ?

Since the guy selling the engine may have some more parts from the engine bay, please tell me what parts to ask from him while making the deal :)
Thanks in advance for Your help :)
And I hope soon I'll have pretty decent 172 to show You guys :)

Last edited:
Forget it its to much work.

Phase 2 has a different wiring etc you need a throttle pedal etc.

For the money and propblems your better off selling up.

The only time its not is if you don't need to post this type of thread and you know where to go etc for the bits.

Matt at Renault specialst breakers in accrington sells the complete kit you need for £1.5k engine box suspension brakes etc. Thats if you want to go down that route.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
I was afraid of that :/ What a shame almost all cars imported to Poland are after some kind of accident :/ its realy hard to find some decent car.

Since U put it that way, there is nothing else for me to do, but to whait another year, then sell mine and buy 172 ( unless something nice comes around sooner )