ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suzuki Swift Sport

Suzuki Swift Sport
Some more pics of the sport after a clean!

6908827828_ed31c6f0d7_o.jpg

6908827624_16e07705eb_b.jpg

6908827440_0166bf6879_b.jpg

6908826964_df55bd8dae_b.jpg

Suzuki Swift Sport
Just found some more from when I went up to the lakes, Im surprised how much I enjoy driving it after having the clio's (I still prefer the 197!)

6910121580_d2b75f3d20_b.jpg

7056209627_49666207a7_b.jpg

6910121768_2059213442_b.jpg

Suzuki Swift Sport
Swift has gone in for Eibachs fitting today, looking forward to seeing how it rides with them, also hope it looks a bit better with slight lows!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Eibachs fitted now, pleased with how it drives, it doesn't look much lower but i'm sure they will settle.

6921421608_400440da80_b.jpg

Swift Sport
I'm genuinely looking at these now, so I've got a couple of questions for you...

- What are the running costs like, fuel etc? (did you have a 197? How's it compare to that?)
- How do you rate the performance, does it feel like it needs more poke?
- Are the brakes good as standard and how do you rate the handling before and after the springs?

Cheers! :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive heard the fuel is not the best mpg going.

However if your not doing many miles it wont be too bad

Ste, depends what you are used to I guess speed wise. They will comfortably overtake and won't leave you bored.

But it can be boring if you like, its not loud at low revs and you could probably get 40mpg if you wanted.
I get about 34mpg, but tend to get bored so put my foot down.
I do atleast 60/70 miles a day. Not motorway but some dual carriageway.

If you keep the revs high its like a different car!

A good balance nowadays I like to think, with petrol prices.
I can comment on long term costs as ive not had it that long.

I like the look of the new one thats quicker and has 6th gear!

I have a thread with pics of mine if you search for it.

This looks brilliant! Really do like them, but by the time I've got anywhere near enough money for one I'd be in the market for something other than a small hatchback.

Impressed by the Nürburgring link too - they're clearly built well!

Suzuki Swift Sport
I'm genuinely looking at these now, so I've got a couple of questions for you...

- What are the running costs like, fuel etc? (did you have a 197? How's it compare to that?)
- How do you rate the performance, does it feel like it needs more poke?
- Are the brakes good as standard and how do you rate the handling before and after the springs?

Cheers! :)

I think you would enjoy one!

The running costs are not bad, mine averages 36 mpg with a mixture of driving, I dont do any particularly long journeys, mainly 5-10 miles with the odd blast. I do run on super unleaded though as when I ran a few tanks of 95 when I got it the same driving was returning 32mpg!

Tax is £190 a year which is not great, but better than the Civic, servicing is every 9000 miles / 12 months, which for me isn't a problem as I don't do that many miles a year.

Performance wise, it depends what your used to, I don't think it feels very quick but it has ample power, it definitely never feels under powered. Also the standard set up sounds quite nice, so you don't mind wringing its neck, its quite satisfying how the power builds smoothly as the revs rise.

The brakes seem very good as standard, never had any fade with road driving, however I am about to find out next month as doing a day at Anglesey, I was looking for some DS2500 pads before I go but it seems they are not available so Ill just see how the standard brakes do. They feel very strong but you never know!

Handling wise, it felt a bit crashy on rough roads, which was the main reason I went for the Eibachs, it has smoothed out the ride. Handling wise I dont think it feels much different from standard, I haven't really pushed it that hard since having them fitted, but the car handles really nicely and has a good feel as standard. In terms of feel compared to say the Civic and the 182, I would put it somewhere in the middle of them if that makes sense!

Overall I don't regret buying mine one bit and really looking forward to taking it on track!

Cheers

Nick

M16a
Ste - I'm just about to upload a whole load of pictures after cleaning mine thoroughly today.

I can echo all of Nick's comments above. But I'll post my feelings/comments in my own thread rather than clutter up Nicks.

Nick - Looks great, let me know how you get on with the Eibachs as I'm looking at a set for mine too.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Thought I would give a quick update on the Swift. I now have my plate on it, the Eibachs have settled in nicely now also.

The car has now covered 30k miles, it seems to be running better than ever, the gearbox feels nice and smooth and the engine feels to pull well (relatively!)

I took it on a track day on the friday gone to Anglesey, was really impressed how it went, considering I am still on the original front discs, the pads are standard - I have never changed them and I am not sure if they are the original items but they are quite warn. There was absolutely no brake fade, admittedly I wasn't braking as late as possible but still gave them a fair workout and the air temp was 26/27c and I didnt experience any fade! They felt strong throughout the 100 miles or so I completed on track.

On track I found the lack of power at first was noticeable, however once I found where I could carry more speed it became less of an issue. There is a small amount of body roll, however a surprising amount of grip is available and the car feels very well balanced, with a small lift resulting in the front tucking in and the back end slowly coming into play. The car even felt really stable going into rocket approaching 105mph. Overall it has completely exceeded my expectations and I now have a whole lot more respect for it!

Plans now are to put 4 new tyres on, possibly Toyo Proxes 4 (still on the original f1's - the original owner can't have ever driven it remotely hard) and replace front discs and pads with genuine Suzuki items, as they were more than capable of stopping it on track.

Thanks

Nick

7293884346_e564ce7884_z.jpg

[video=youtube_share;-qIIv_mSqKs]http://youtu.be/-qIIv_mSqKs[/video]

Swift Sport
Nice mate! I've just got back from the 'Ring and some of these rental Swifts were blitzing half the cars on the track!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Nice mate! I've just got back from the 'Ring and some of these rental Swifts were blitzing half the cars on the track!

Yeah we saw a few shifting when we were there. My mates hired a stage 2 Swift and raved about it, thats mainly what prompted me to buy mine!

The only issue I had all day was the esp light would come on after 1 lap and the ESP would desable, but to be honest it was good as I kept forgetting to turn it off and it requires a 6 ish second press on the button which is difficult when your driving a lap!

I loved the stage 1 swift we drove out there. Mate that was with me would have bought one by now if he hadnt just ended up with an unexpected sprog.

M16a
Looks great mate. I'm still loving mine.

On the tyre front, I've got proxies 4's on mine, and they are good in the dry, very good actually. But a bit urm, "lively" in the wet. But aslong as you're sensible with them they are a great tyre for the price compared to the £200/corner Suzuki want to charge for the F1's.

Can't wait to get mine on track too..

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
These are starting to grow on me more and more.

If you loved the performance on F1's i wouldnt be changing down to a Toyo, the difference will be quite huge. I would stick with F1's or move to something like Michelins or Pirelli.

My mate has just picked one of these up, Same colour. they are a great little car, I know of another lad who has spent close to 12k supercharging and various other mods to get around 190bhp which I cannot justify, but I believe the supercharger kits are around £2k, if you are on ssoc you might of seen it,

My mate says the lack of a 6th speed is a pain, that is probably why I can get my GT off the line quicker than his swift

Overall your car looks excellent mate

Suzuki Swift Sport
My mate has just picked one of these up, Same colour. they are a great little car, I know of another lad who has spent close to 12k supercharging and various other mods to get around 190bhp which I cannot justify, but I believe the supercharger kits are around £2k, if you are on ssoc you might of seen it,

My mate says the lack of a 6th speed is a pain, that is probably why I can get my GT off the line quicker than his swift

Overall your car looks excellent mate

Thanks, yeah I have heard of a few people supercharging these but to be honest I don't see the point I would just buy a faster car rather than going down that route. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun though and the chassis feels like it would handle a lot more power.

Id like to just keep this one maintained nicely and maybe an odd tweak here and there. I definitely want to take it on more trackdays!

I find the lack of a sixth gear frustrating on the motorway but it's not that often I do long trips with it so I can live with it, but 80 in fifth does equate to around 4600 rpm!

Suzuki Swift Sport
These are starting to grow on me more and more.

If you loved the performance on F1's i wouldnt be changing down to a Toyo, the difference will be quite huge. I would stick with F1's or move to something like Michelins or Pirelli.

Its not easy when it comes to tires on these, the size is 195 45 17 so you are limited to f1s or toyos or yoko s drives pretty much!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Bit late but I finally got round to buying some photos from the Anglesey day. Also to update since buying the car almost a year ago, doing 6000 miles and a trackday... the car went in for MOT / Service last month and not a thing needed doing. I really am growing to love it the more I drive it / longer I own it.

7705879814_99c0916a2a_b.png

7705879592_4c62a883e1_b.jpg

7705879416_bc5d01b5d3_b.png

7705879126_c5ff4bd2a8_b.png

M16a
Looks excellent on track, how did it perform?

I'm going on track in mine next month.. Due a service and MOT first though..

Suzuki Swift Sport
Looks excellent on track, how did it perform?

I'm going on track in mine next month.. Due a service and MOT first though..

Absolutely spot on, original discs and pads from new and no brake fade (admittedly I wasnt going for the very latest braking) but still using them very hard. Lacking pace on the longer straights to the 172 / 182s but was so much fun, really adjustable handling. Don't hesitate to get it out on track!

Renaultsport Twingo
These are awesome! Rent4ring ones are fantastic esp stage 3

I got the twingo though due to swifts small boot.

M16a
Great Nick cheers.

Aye Danny they do, rev the nuts off of them and nothing breaks. Or nothing has on mine so far!.

Stage 2/3 would be great, but that's like ££££'s to get to that sort of power...

Renaultsport Twingo
Stage 3 rent for ring is only 150bhp and freddy did around 8:15 btg in it so faaast!

They have a chain as well so no costly cambelt!

Suzuki Swift Sport
These are awesome! Rent4ring ones are fantastic esp stage 3

I got the twingo though due to swifts small boot.

Ive not found the boot too small, used to have a Cooper S though and that really did have a small boot! I thought the Twingo would have a small boot too? I wanted a Twingo when I bought this but decided to go for the cheaper option!