ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sutton Park....advice needed!!!!!

Mercedes SLK350

From day one my 182 has been losing coolant, two months on with things getting worse I decided to get it sorted. I called Sutton Park in Warwick where I bought the car (for cash I might add) they said they could not see the car for two weeks, three weeks if I wanted a courtesy car which I did.

So I called Sutton Park in Coventry (which is three miles from me) they said they would take a look on Tuesday evening (I left work early) to see if any parts needed ordering, which were coolant hose, screen wash bottle- split at seam and headlamp washer stalk which had a crack in it. They booked my car in for Friday. No courtesy cars were available so I had to take a day off work.

Still annoyed at not getting a courtesy car I called Renault UK Customer Services and explained the situation. The lady I spoke to could not have been nicer and understanding. The advice she gave me was this, dealers know that if they cannot provide a courtesy car they only have to call Renault UK and they will authorise a hire car which Renault UK will pay for.

I called Sutton Park back and told them this, (Thursday evening) but they said it was too late and they were too busy to get it sorted that evening.(5:50pm) They would look into it next day. When they eventually called me on Friday they said a car would be available at 11:30am, they even blamed Renault UK for not getting back to them which caused the delay.

So I dropped my car off at 11:30am (was supposed to be 8:00am) and I was taken to the hire car company to fill out forms for a courtesy car, this took an hour, and I drove away in a Corsa.

At 6pm I had still not had a call from Sutton Park, so I called them, I was told my car was ready to pick up. They would explain what had been done when I got there. 10 minutes later I arrived, Service had gone home and security gave me my key and warranty invoice. On the invoice it said "coolant pipe on order, will call customer once pipe arrives." I took my car and left the hire car at Sutton Park.

This morning I called the hire people to tell them where their Corsa was, they thanked me as Sutton Parked had not informed them. I then called Sutton Park to find out if my car was safe to drive as the hose had not been fitted. The girl in service was very short with me saying if the car was not ok to drive I would not have been given it back and would still have the hire car.

This afternoon I was cleaning my car, I noticed several scratches and what looks like a stone chip on the side of my bumper, obviously they had not been too careful with the removal of my bumper. Under the bonnet I found the battery was loose where they had not clamped it back in place.

How incompetent can these people be? I will now have to go back for the hose to be fitted, probably another day off work. Do these people actually care. What do I do now?, I have no confidence in Sutton Park whatsoever.

I know this has been long winded, Ive actually shortened the saga, but thanks for reading.

Ring Renault Uk and explain it all to them they are good Renault UK and might give you some compo for a free next service.

Im sure Sutton park have a reputation as being incompetant.

Not much you can do realy since you dont want to let them try and fix the car now do you.

Some touch up paint on the bumper will cover it up hopefully.

I know its unfortunate but some dealers are useless.

Skoda Fabia vRS

as above, speak to Renault UK........ive only ever spoke to them once but when i did they were very helpful and got things sorted for me very very quickly...

dk

911 GTS Cab

i had problems with sutton park also, aswell as a few other people!

they forgot my front splitter and couldnt even order me one as they couldnt find the part number. So in the end I had to supply them with the part number and it took 6 weeks to arrive, they said they didnt know it came with a splitter, what idiots, how difficult can it be to make sure the options are on a car!

Good luck because when I phoned RUK for compensation they told me I had to take it up with the dealer as it was a dealer error and SUtton Park obviously laughed in my face, bunch of incompetant idiots!

At least I dont have to have the car dealt with by them now as they are not my local dealer.