ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension wheel sorta problem!

A grey one
Right i'll explain this the best i can,

i bought some lenso's for my car, going for the euro look or whatever, the fronts and backs have different offsets, i put my wheels on, drove about half a mile out and back home and the next day on the way to work, i heard really bad knocking and realised my wheel was about to fall off! we realised the bolts were only 20mm and weren't long enough for the wheels and hubs so i bought 30mm ones instead, by the time they arrived we realised we'd put the rear wheels on the front and the front wheels on the rear and everything seemed alright, until i went over 30mph it started shaking and wobbling the steering wheel, so i went to get my wheels balanced today at kwik fit and they told me my bolts were loose (no offer to fix it- useless) and they sent me away, when i saw loads of people driving past pointing at my wheels and mouthing "oh my god" - brilliant. i looked out my window to see that they looked like they were waving, as if they were buckled to almost the point they were square.. they're not- they're brand new! i went to halfords and tried to find out if my spigot rings were the problem but they were flush and fine, my bolts arent coming loose anymore.. but the wheel still looks like its not on properly and looks like its bent!

Does anyone have the slightest knowledge or idea what this could be?

The guy at halfords suggested it could be the wishbones or something similar but if it was that, it would knock or make a noise of any kind, my wheels dont creak, knock, bang or anything, you cant hear it, or even feel it on the steering wheel.. just physically see it on the wheels!

Help..

RS6 C7
That's what you get for buying Lenso's!

I wouldn't drive it, You have probably buckled a wheel, doubt it would be anything else.

182, 6r GTi
don't listen to the monkeys at halfords take it to a repeatable garage not somewhere like quick fit, and when you tell them the problem dont make out your clueless or they will mug you rite off

A grey one
Cotball, Lenso's are no different to other wheels so dont mug them off please, you might not like them but i do..
I haven't buckled them because they're a week old and my car has been sat on my drive and hardly moved, its both of my front wheels, i couldnt of buckled both of them..

im not clueless nor did i act it, i took it to kwik fit and by the looks of them, they were more clueless than any other human, they didnt have a clue! im female and they just look bewildered that i knew what a wheel was!

Thanks Jackjack, i'll try it, just checking to see if anyone else has had a stupid problem like this :)

182, 6r GTi
Cotball, Lenso's are no different to other wheels so dont mug them off please, you might not like them but i do..
I haven't buckled them because they're a week old and my car has been sat on my drive and hardly moved, its both of my front wheels, i couldnt of buckled both of them..

im not clueless nor did i act it, i took it to kwik fit and by the looks of them, they were more clueless than any other human, they didnt have a clue! im female and they just look bewildered that i knew what a wheel was!

Thanks Jackjack, i'll try it, just checking to see if anyone else has had a stupid problem like this :)

sorry if my post came across blunt that wasn't how it was intended just a little bit of advice, i didn't mean you were clueless either its just you have to be very careful with who you take your business to, with the way things are there are plenty of people that will try anything to make more money.

Dodgy one
Are these lensos split 2 piece rims? The barrel could be loose making it look buckled, i also think you have the incorrect bolts for them too if they keep coming loose, there are different types of bolts not just length

If everything seems tight and the cars ok get them spun up on a balancer

A grey one
No I know you wasn't Stephen, just annoys me when people say things like "shouldn't of bought them" just because they're not oem or what they like, it's just not helpful advice is it? -.- but yeah Thankyou, I thought kwik fit would be helpful:(

Rich they're fake splits, how could the bolts be different? They've been balanced and I've had several mechanics looking at them and none of them have a clue, I really don't know what to do!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
You went to Kwikfit and thy told you the bolts were loose, did they actually bother putting the wheels on the machine to check the balancing or just write the issue off as the loose bolts?

*Ignore, just seen the post above

Dodgy one
The wheelbolts. Renault use tapered bolts on the clios if your aftermarket wheels are supposed to be used with flat faced bolts for example they will keep working loose

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Quickshit cannot do anything right, a freind had this probleM with his corsa b and aftermarket wheels.

Qucikshit said bolts was loose and something else. So we took it to tyreMan hull and they said straight off, bolts have wrong shape for the wheels and balancing was fucked, viewed this myself to see if a they was having us over on one.

So I would suggest put original wheels on and see if it does it still. Check the lens if they are slighty buckled ( yes they may be a week old but it can happen ) check the bolts for correct fit-ment and whilst the wheels are off, check everything connected to the front struts and see if anything has gone wrong

A grey one
I sorted it ages ago.. Turns out... Had them on the wrong way round.
Rear ones on the front and front on the rear! Haha oops!