ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension upgrade - question

Clio 172 Cup
my 172 Cup is a road going hillclimb car & I want to upgrade the suspension to make it a little more competitive on track, am I best using Eibach springs & maybe Bilstein dampers or going straight to coilovers? If coilovers, which ones? Like most people, budget is an issue so I would rather not spend a fortune as I have other things on the list too (powerflex bushes for instance). Cheers

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I'd say kw v2 or AST's but both the otherside of £1k. Bilstien look good and are allowed but still best part of £1k
Have I seen you at Harewood ?
I use Koni adjustables with revalved rears and eibach sportlines but are good in wet but not stiff enough for dry.
I am going to fit rear spring height adjusters and custom lower springs on the front over the winter to see how that goes.
Dont forget you cant run rear coilovers as you are moving the spring from its original position and beware adjustable top mounts as these are also not allowed !! See uphillracers for more info on reg changes

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Bilstein B14's are worth a pretty good shout, I have them and think they're pretty mint.