ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Top Nut Bolt Sizes

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have recently switched over to K-TEC solid top mounts on the front of my trackday 172 Cup with BC Racing coilovers. The standard top mounts have the nut built in. I need to get a standard top nut. Can anyone advise what size the top nut is. I BC coilovers are the same size as the standard top nut.

I am also after the top nut size for standard rear shocks too!

Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Spikenipple

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Standard top nut is M14x1.5. Hex size on the nut is 21mm. Assuming you're referring to the 'top hat' retainer that sits on top of the strut tower.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Standard top nut is M14x1.5. Hex size on the nut is 21mm. Assuming you're referring to the 'top hat' retainer that sits on top of the strut tower.

Excellent thank you. Yes that is the nut I am referring too.

Spikenipple

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Surely with the K-tec mounts you bolt directly onto the bearing with the replacement sleeved nut, and bolt the mount to the strut tower, thus negating the need for the standard top hat?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The ktec top mounts I have are used and I have everything but the top nut.

When the BC racing coilovers were fitted origionally it was with the standard top mounts with the nut built into the top hat, hence I don't have a seperate nut.

Spikenipple

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ahh ok. In that case you should get in touch with Ktec and source replacement top nuts. They're sleeved to maintain the concentricity of the damper rod to the bearing.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Should anyone else need to know
M10 x 1.5 rear
M14 x 1.5 front
All sorted now as nuts arrived today!