ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Top Mounts

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Hi Folks,

Just had Eibach Sportlines fitted and there is now a 'clunk' 'clunk' 'clunk' when i turn hard driving slow.

Does this mean i need new top mounts? If so, why did i not notice it before i changed the springs?

How important is it that i change it soon? MOT failure?

Cheers,

Craig

clio 182
I think it is cured by putting washers under the top mounts. There is a thread under the engine bit.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
is there a description of how to fit the washers? do you need to take the strut off? link anyone? couldnt find the thread(s)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got the same problem mate! I fitted the washers and it didn't work for me. Is it just a kink if creaking/clicking noise on full lock going either way? I put my standard springs back on and its still doing it! Not sure what else it could be though!

Clio 172 cup
Ive got the same problem mate! I fitted the washers and it didn't work for me. Is it just a kink if creaking/clicking noise on full lock going either way? I put my standard springs back on and its still doing it! Not sure what else it could be though!
Your shocks are fucked

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Would this not mean that maybe your top mounts need replaced

Seat Ibiza
I just replaced mine with some sport lines, made hell of a difference, of of
Mine had a bit of lift in it causing it to bang. Try checking you wishbone bushes and lower and track rod balljoints!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I would've thought the movementof the springs in the cups would be the top mount kits being worn? Mine are shot again.

Anyone got a pic of how these should be fitted cos I'm sure something isn't right on mine, maybe the bearing is fitted upside down or something! Gonna get it back in mates garage today to get it sorted.

clio 1.5 DCI 80
i had this before on my old focus, it turned out that i put one of the top mounts back on upside down, and the spring wasnt sitting right, it was turning round and the clucnk was it going over the ridge it should have sat in. my first port of call would be to whip the strut out and check that the same hasnt happend with you, migh save you some money...

felt like a right tit when i realised tho! lol.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah I've got a feeling it could possibly be that. Bought these 2nd hand off someone on here who assured me they were ok.

It's got a vibration coming from round that area aswell which suggests that it's the top cup that isn't sitting tight?

Got some brand spankers coming off ad on here but they haven't turned up yet and today's my last free time to get the car into the garage for a couple of weeks!