ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension springs

clio sold :(
hello all new here

just a quick lowering question. i should be picking up my first clio tomorrow 2003 172 sport.
the ride hight is standard and i will be planning on lowering it.
what makes should i avoid?? and i notice on ebay most kits drop around 40mm is this a good drop while still giving good clearance???

i had spax springs on my last car and couldnt grumble.

is 40mm ok ? scraping wise? i dont rearly bomb around but go to alot of car shows . so Apex it will prob be i just want to go low just not impractical

Ph2 Meg 225
I've got apex and they've dropped about 50mm on a 1.2 but clearance wise is fine I have another 40mm to go before any rubbing :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
eibachs are rated for the handling, apex do sit nicer but ride crap, cooksports are as yet pretty new so untested on the wider public, i have a set to try in the shed :)

It wont be for another month or so . And ive seen just about all cooksport springs are taken so when my cash rolls around they will be long gone
Any makes for a good drop and handling? or is that into exspensive coilovers?
What are Pi springs like alot on ebay

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, cooksport are offering the springs on an ongoing basis i believe, i think its just the group but for 15 sets at a discount which they setup to generate interest that your on about. retail is 120 plus delivery

120 isnt bad when the time comes (ask for springs for xmas ;-) there should be plenty of reviews by then so i can make up my mind.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
safe to say if i get time to get mine on this weekend i will report back :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I wouldn't fit Apex to anything, they're nasty.

I use PI, with regular positive results.

Everyone that buys eibach seems to be disappointed they don't actually lower the car, in my experience.

When i had my rover everyone on the forum Rated Pi an agreed they gave a good drop.
i wouldnt of thought to much about it on my last cars but the clio sport is one nice car and prob had alot of money spent on developing the handling
And i dont want to chuck that away with the wrong spring choice