ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension problems?

clio sport 172 2001
Since december the suspension has started to fidget alot on rough roads, it seems to be pulling from side to side , tried changing the tyres, the front shocks, the springs, i did have the passenger side cv boot replaced and the rear breakes have been replaced also, the tracking done, nothing seems to have resolved the problem, the rear shocks have only been replaced last year, the car was lowered 30mm before, now the new springs are eibach pro sport, the car is fine on new smooth roads but doesnt feel right on the old roads, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I did have similar problems with mine and it was the brakes pads, they would free up and then bind causing the car to pull left and right on rough rds, try finding quiet smooth rd and drive along at 20mph and loosen your grip on the wheel slightly and brake and see what happens, I'd say if it pulls to one side and stays pulling after you've released the brake it'll be binding pads?

Regards Russ............

RB FF 182
I had this issue and it was resolved by changing rear shocks and springs, another big contributor was the fact I had really crap tyres on.... What tyres have you got??

Also, a long time ago some muppett put a directional tyre on the wrong way, and the car pulled all over the place! Check that too??

clio sport 172
well on mine i have 2 pirelli zeros on the back the any direction but getting new coilovers soon though so see how it goes for me then