ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension options for a cup packed 182 ...

Clio 182FF
Greets,

What are my options for a susspension upgrade on a cup packed 182?

I would like coil overs but every set I look at seem to not support the cup packed 182's or am I being thick?

If my only option is uprated springs and shocks then what's the best set up considering I DO NOT REALLY WANT THE CAR ANY LOWER IF POSSIBLE.

I know most people here like their cars low but it's just not practicle for me since some of the roads where I go are terrible.

I don't mind a slight drop but really wouldn't want to go any lower because the cup springs already give a low enough ride.

Anyone that could shine some light on the subject, thank you!

J

J182sport

Re: Susspension options for a cup packed 182 ...

After having the same problem myself i was talking to K-tec and he said the GAZ coilovers are a good buy although some may say they are not! if you want to lower the car and adjust damping then these is the kit to go for at under £500.

H&R are fixed damping and will fit but £££

or springs if you just want a quick drop?

correct me if im wrong but i think they are to only two kits for a CUP packed clio?

Titanium 182

Just get eibach pro/sportlines ?

£150ish

Clio 182FF

Just get eibach pro/sportlines ?

£150ish

Are they a better ride than the cup packed susspension and what about ride height? I don't want to go any lower than it already is on the standard cup springs because I live in speed bump central.

Titanium 182

Are they a better ride than the cup packed susspension and what about ride height? I don't want to go any lower than it already is on the standard cup springs because I live in speed bump central.

Don't think prolines are any lower and sportlines are a tiny bit lower, maybe 30mm ? doubt it would matter about speedbumps tbh, there annoying no matter what susp you have.

I'm not sure if there better than the cup susp but they are regarded highly on here.

Pro's are supposedly better for ride quality than sports too. So try some prolines.

Clio 182FF
Cheers mate, will check it out. Would get coilies if I could find some to fit but am a bit put off by GAZ.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
You can loads of Coilies for Cup Packs, H&R's do some, I'm sure Bilstein will have a Kit but you'd probably just be best with a Set of Springs, Sportlines or Prolines form Eibach

megan R26.R number 006
You can loads of Coilies for Cup Packs, H&R's do some, I'm sure Bilstein will have a Kit but you'd probably just be best with a Set of Springs, Sportlines or Prolines form Eibach

Bilstein dont have a set you can get some from yozzasport tho but they are £1700 now :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's plenty out there. H&R, KW, AST to start all do kits. I imagine Bilstein do a kit as they are very similar to the H&R kit.

fad

Clio 182 FF
As above i looked into and only the above are availble unless you look into changing the mounting points

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I could swear I've seen a Bilstein Kit somewhere but I guess not... I failed :(

GAZ
AST
H&R
FK's

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
hes are modified though. shame really you cant get vmaxx or something to make them for the cupped 182s