ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Help

172 Cup
The Koni's I bought the car with have just about had it so looking to upgrade these to a set of coilovers.

After quite a bit of searching and reading peoples opinions I think I've settled on the Bilstein B14's, my budget was quite limited at around the £600 mark so thought these seemed best given my budget? Or could anyone could recommend a better set for a similar price?

Also While fitting these, is it a good idea to change all the bushes? I'd also like to change the top mounts and fit a strut brace, is it best to fit these whilst fitting the coilovers or is it an easy enough job at a later date?

The car is mainly used for commuting with a spirited drive up over brecon beacons a few times a month

Thanks, Keiran

172 Cup
Looking at

Bilstein b14's, pure motorsports mounts and brace and powerflex bushes

This ok or a bit over kill for road use?

WRX
Renault spent a lot of time and money to setup suspension, therefore I'd say all of it's overkill just for the road but I'm old.:cry:
At the end of the day, it's your car and you have to put up with it, your list is ok, it will get various replies stating different thoughts.
Personally I think standard is perfectly good enough, even for track use but everybody's different and spend their money differently.

172 Cup
The shocks on there now are just about gone I think, they used to be firm and handle well but now they're rock solid, to the point the car isn't nice nice to to drive. Would I notice any difference with the solid top mounts and brace if I'm not going on the track?

WRX
The shocks on there now are just about gone I think, they used to be firm and handle well but now they're rock solid, to the point the car isn't nice nice to to drive. Would I notice any difference with the solid top mounts and brace if I'm not going on the track?
Only if you're driving like a loon.