ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension difference

Phase 2 172 cup
Hi, I have been searching for a while now. I am looking at the differences in the 172 cup and non cup suspension. The shocks/dampers on the front of the cup are stiffer and have different bolt spacing. Is this right? Is there any difference in the rear shocks/dampers?

PH2 172
Hi, I have been searching for a while now. I am looking at the differences in the 172 cup and non cup suspension. The shocks/dampers on the front of the cup are stiffer and have different bolt spacing. Is this right? Is there any difference in the rear shocks/dampers?
I know nothing.
Only the 182 cup packed cars had 60mm bolt spacing on the front shocks, all other variants Ph1 & 2 are 54mm.
Front & rear 172 cup shocks (and springs) are marginally uprated from non cup Ph2 172,at least when new.
OE shocks are good value from RPD @£166 for all 4,springs @ twice that, less so.
http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk...io-172-products/clio-172-steering-suspension/