ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Susp. change from OEM to Koni sport

PB172,dci100,dci65
Hi mates,

just would like to ask what should I expect, when changing suspension from OEM 172 non cup in good shape TO Koni Sport (Stiffnes adjustable, height not).
Have an offer for a very good price so I am thinking about it. I read it lowers around -40mm, is it true also on RS models?

I need my 172 to be able to perform as daily, but if it is better cornering wise, then i take it.

what do you think?

thanks for opinions

karol

The shock absorbers are a great upgrade rember to fit the dust covers from the OE absorbers on the rear. The kpni springs are around 35mm iirc.

PB172,dci100,dci65
Thanks for the replies, the dust covers are a good thing not to forget.
I asked about the springs included and they are from koni to fit the dampers.

PB172,dci100,dci65
ok, looks like you both know something what i dont ;)

So I be on a lookout for a set of Sportlines too.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I have Koni's on my 172 and Eibach Proline springs! Fantastic setup, and I'd highly recommend them. Especially for daily use!

PB172,dci100,dci65
It will come handy someday when I get to a trackday. We have only one proper track here so its not going to happen often but the more I will like it:)

PB172,dci100,dci65
So..suspension is home....I have a Q about springs...there are Eibach springs on it, black colour,
The nubmers on the front are
Eibach NX - 117500103VA

and on the back springs
Eibach ON - EW 7524002HA

It is different number to that I see on the net for pro kit, 10750010122.

Can anyone help what type are the springs?

besides that, there is a steel ring missing at the back dampers, which i have to replace. I hope that is not a big problem. I have a lot of tools.
http://imageshack.us/a/img7/7174/06u8.jpg