ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supersprint Vs Ktec Stealth

Petrol Blue 182.
Both I've heard alot about, seriously tempted by the supersprint as its about £100 cheaper but I know the K-tec JP Exhausts are the same as the old Yozzas. which one is the better?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
To be honest there is unlikely to be much in the way of performance difference. I think Supersprint use a more expensive method for manufacture of the backbox which gives a neater look as there is no folded lip round the outside, but thats more cosmetic. You wont have any problem with the Supersprint - its one of the top exhaust manufacturers in the world - welding and attention to detail is rarely surpassed. Fitment is slightly different but does not take long at all. Theres a few people on cliosport with the Supersprint but its still relatively exclusive and rare as we only started manufacture this year.

Last edited:
  Petrol Blue 182.
lovely, cheers for your help people (apart form shaun!) you'll be getting a call soon Kam

clio 172
I'm after a new exhaust, mine's now raspy but not in a good way. I'm after a stealth back box as i dont want to mess with the bumper and i dont like the look of an exhaust hanging under the bumper either.

Is there a supersport stealth option?

Price/location etc?

heard good things about Yozza too so am also interested in comparing the two.

Cheers

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I developed the supersprint stealth exhaust system this year. Its basically a new backbox that sits nice and high and out of sight. You cannot see it from the rear even with standard mounts. We added a centre silencer option as well to make it pleasant when driving normally, but its still got a fantastic sound when you hit the gas pedal :D

Kev

clio 172
ooh i'm a bit behind the times, and just read up on the whole "yozza" manufacturer screwing BTM over news. I dont think my exhaust will last long enough till Fred is able to develop a new one

Thanks for the info Kev, ill check it out.

E36 M3. 182
If I had a 172, id be going for a supersprint. Shame the 182 systems are so much more expensive!!!

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
This year we will look at redesigning it with Supersprint to make it more affordable. We have to commit to a large order though to do this and we are not in that sort of position just yet.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
We are gradually selling these so more people will show videos etc. Its a slow process as most people want to stick with KTEC or Yozza as they are a known quantity and not many people want to dare to try something different.

clio 172
I'll get a vid or two up once i have bought mine and have it fitted (Supersprint stealth) as there's not many videos about which i think definately helps someone to make up their mind as exhausts are bought on the basis of quality and sound. ( And perhaps price if you're a tight a*se! )

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
We are gradually selling these so more people will show videos etc. Its a slow process as most people want to stick with KTEC or Yozza as they are a known quantity and not many people want to dare to try something different.

had the same issue with selling a number of products. Despite knowing things are superior and believing in them strongly, people would rather believe 3rd hand repeated information. Bit sad really, they miss out on a lot

172 turbo 'cup'

Can you not put a video up so people can have a look and see what they sound like. Put one on here its a bit of free advertising even put a post on you tube showing the quality of it and the sound it make's, people will look might help sell a few more.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Can you not put a video up so people can have a look and see what they sound like. Put one on here its a bit of free advertising even put a post on you tube showing the quality of it and the sound it make's, people will look might help sell a few more.

As our Clio is in pieces at the moment we aren't in a position to make a vid ourselves currently. in the mean time there are some here taken by PaulClioSport:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613460-Supersprint-exhasut-appreciation-thread

172 Cup
The noise from my K Tec stealth at motorway speeds is annoying me.Is the Supersprint quieter? What sort of cost are they?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i see mate,you can get them off the actual supersprint site tho.

I think im just going to go down the custom made route i think and get the 2.25inch bore so should be quiter and stop the drone noise.

@flebay

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
Has anyone got an update in there supersprint system on how quiet they are etc?.
I’ve got a SuperSprint cat back and they are loud, sounds awesome but loud. Only been fitted a month or so and only done about 10miles with it on. Hoping to do quite a few trackdays this year and am defo going to try and get it sound tested somewhere before booking any tracks as I don’t want to waste money if I’m too loud. Did you ever have any problems @Mbeau ?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Will put a full reply on later, but sounded awsome especially on track and my car was fully stripped out. Never had any problems with noise levels on trackdays at Brands Hatch and Lydden Hill. Can't remember what the readings were, but it was fine.

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
So just following on from my post above re noise level with the cat back Supersprint, my brother took my car to work today as they have a fully calibrated dB meter. Readings at approx 45degrees at around 1mtr away in an open car park.
At idle 88dbs
At 5250rpm readings were 84 to 88dbs
If throttle was blipped slightly from 5250 to 5500 readings were 115-120dbs

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
I’m only 20 minutes from Donington so I might nip down on Friday as there’s a trackday on. They only have a drive by limit so if I get my timing right and hammer it up and down the car park as cars are coming down the main straight and then see if they get black flagged.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Pretty sure mine was never over 100db! They never paid it too much attention on the noise check either which is always a good sign! 120db is well loud!!!