ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supercharged/turbo 182

arctic 182 black wheels
Been thinkin lately that i need my 182 faster, don't get me wrong i luv wot it does now i just want power all the way thru not just at 5000 rpm so i'm in two minds if there's a charger kit out there which i'm not sure ov i wud luv 2 try 1 or go 4 the turbo kit!! but i've got a little fella on the way so wot wub be cheapest?? any opinions r welcome!!

Nippy white cup
To be fair m8 you would probably notice a fair difference with simple mods without going daft. I know what you mean tho...Nics 182 goes pretty well but only when it gets to 5k...my cup with the mods it has (182 mani, exhaust and decat, BMC filter and CAF, Chipwizards remap) makes 140tflb at 2500rpm. You don't get the same 'feel' at 5k but it pulls really well pretty much in any gear now. Thought about cams but I was afraid I would loose what I already have for the sake of a few more peak bhps

scan0001Large.jpg

Chris

RenaultSport 172.
turbo......that way you can get a boost controller on board and wind it up when you feel the need....

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
turbo......that way you can get a boost controller on board and wind it up when you feel the need....

Not really. To function properly, you will have to have the ECU mapped to run a specific boost pressure. The ECU wouldnt be capable of adjusting the fuelling/ignition settings properly when the boost is wound up or down.