ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Happy the pistons have finally arrived dude, and the engine bay is looking sweet, let's hope nothing gets scratched going back in!

Is it just me or is the floor side of the bottom arms powder coated yellow and the upper silver to match the subframe? That is some attention to detail!!!

Turbo LY R27
Re: Supercharged Sunflower

Yeah I'm sure it's about 1k for a 1*2 :( might have to get one through your mate at £500 though ;) I think I'm going to try the federals I've heard a lot of good reports about.

lol, when i get round to mine ill ask for you see if i can ;) ive heard good things about them, might try them 1 day.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
What CR are the pistons?

10:1[/FONT]

Happy the pistons have finally arrived dude, and the engine bay is looking sweet, let's hope nothing gets scratched going back in!

Is it just me or is the floor side of the bottom arms powder coated yellow and the upper silver to match the subframe? That is some attention to detail!!!

I kno yeah im going to be very carful putting the engine back in, ill end up scratching it knowing my luck lol. Its just you your blind they are yellow both sides :p although that would have look cool doing them like that.

Have you got a Ph1 yet ;)[/FONT]

lol, when i get round to mine ill ask for you see if i can ;) ive heard good things about them, might try them 1 day.

It coped well with 260bhp but i think ill defo need a diff with this extra power so see what you can do :star: Some good sticky tyres will help me in the mean time. The solid mounts help put the power down well.

Little update. Block is with the engineering company getting bored out & balanced, should have that back next week. & these turned up this morning :-D

adf03ef4.jpg

Federal 595 RS-R :D it was out of these, Toyo R1R & Yokohama Advan AD08s but these came in a lot cheaper & people I've spoke to who have used them rated them highly so thought I'd give them a try.

Last edited:

Good choice ;)

Hope so mate :)

Update

Due to using 197 brembos I've gone for 300mm brembo discs. The discs used are for a Renault scenic 4stud so perfect for the job.

Upside down picture ftw lol.

1fb7bf3e.jpg

e65d1a96.jpg

45e48c87.jpg

Calipers won't be staying red, I've decided to have them painted sunflower yellow to match the car with black brembo stickers so hopefully look something like this. (Wheels arnt staying the colour in the picture either they are going to be gloss black)

a63c4f44.jpg

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

Just read from page 1 to here.

Insanely nice car Craig, hats off to you for the amount of effort you have put into it.

Awesome stuff. Looking forward to more updates! :)

Just read from page 1 to here.

Insanely nice car Craig, hats off to you for the amount of effort you have put into it.

Awesome stuff. Looking forward to more updates! :)

Thanks dude :) It's getting there, hopefully back on the road very soon. & more updates as I've still got more things planned to do in my head lol.

You'll have to bring it round mine tomorrow mate so I can see what it's like.

16s are now painted gloss black(again) even though I wanted them silver for the OEM look.

ef97743c.jpg

ddb7b3bf.jpg

Also picked up some new Megane R26 NGK plugs.

f8c48dc2.jpg

Evo 5 RS

And I thought I was plowing money into mine, this is just on a different level :) Wheels look ace dude

I can't ever see myself selling it so I'm doing right & not thinking about how much it costs lol. Thanks mate I had made my mind up they were going silver to look OEM but soon as I painted this wheel black it made my mind up there staying black.

Astra gsi turbo

excelent car. wish mine was sunflower. were the 197 callipers a direct fit and is there any issues running 15s ?

Non Sport Megane

Just read the whole thread, and a little bit of wee actually came out! this looks BEAUTIFUL! hopefully you will be at CSS?! so i can properly have a gander at it!

excelent car. wish mine was sunflower. were the 197 callipers a direct fit and is there any issues running 15s ?

Thanks mate. No the brembos arnt a direct fitment you need customs brackets & use Scenic 300mm discs. Im not running 15s now these are the 16" F1s as the 15s wont fit over the brakes lol[/FONT]

Just read the whole thread, and a little bit of wee actually came out! this looks BEAUTIFUL! hopefully you will be at CSS?! so i can properly have a gander at it!

Haha thanks dude :) yeah ill be at CSS & FCS so you can have a gander at it.

New genuine rear discs & bearings fitted.

a62df90c.jpg

Also stripped the brembos down at work before sending them off to get painted sunflower yellow.

643f9a05.jpg

4bfd7a61.jpg

f9912d32.jpg

Replaced two bleed nipples to the caliper on the right & made a new link pipe up as it was damaged.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

One of my favourite cars on the site. :eek:

All cars like that need big f**k off brakes to show off! They are awesome calipers!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

It's really going to be something else once finished.

Can't wait for this to be finished dude, some cheeky additions to show off this year for the show too!
Attention to detail is phenomenal!

Cheers dude it's almost there.

[/FONT]
Nice work mate, what paint did you use on the calipers?

Thanks mate, I got some two pack made up & my mate painted them, he said the paint he used for the engine bay wouldn't have took the heat so got the two pack.
[/FONT]

Oh my!! :eek:

They look awesome Craig!

Going to look superb when they are fitted.

Nice one! :)

Thanks mate, hopefully get them fitted in the next few days just waiting for the brackets to be made at the local engineering company.
[/FONT]

One of my favourite cars on the site. :eek:

All cars like that need big f**k off brakes to show off! They are awesome calipers!

Haha cheers mate, once I got the 16s I knew I needed bigger brakes to fill them.[/FONT]

It's really going to be something else once finished.

I hope so, lots more to do in my head before I can say its finished, but I'd like a mag feature that would be nice.

excellent job :clap:

Thanks mate.

UPDATE!

Catcams have just turned up so just need to pick the block up today then the engine can go back together tomorrow & back in the car saturday. & its booked in for MOT on wed 6th may.

i was going to paint the F1s myself but i decided to have them done properly so pick those up tomorrow & tyres fitted tomorrow too. Will get some pictures up tomorrow too.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Thanks mate.

UPDATE!

Catcams have just turned up so just need to pick the block up today then the engine can go back together tomorrow & back in the car saturday. & its booked in for MOT on wed 6th may.

i was going to paint the F1s myself but i decided to have them done properly so pick those up tomorrow & tyres fitted tomorrow too. Will get some pictures up tomorrow too.

Next year lol....