ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Looks great, however I think it needs silver wheels on it. Perfect otherwise :eek:

Cheers dude, I agree with you on the silver wheels, I'm going for the OEM look so I'll be getting them done in bright silver. I think they look great in gloss black & the finish is superb but you have to see them in person as in pictures they just look like a black wheel lol.

So I'm going for the look I had on my other sunflower below when I had silver 16s on that.

17e312f9.jpg

16092007273.jpg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I love that picture it sits perfectly on the 16s wish I could find a set!

Definitely silver tho.

Well had a decent weekend with the clio, my yellow boost pipes turned up for the intercooler, had to wait 3weeks for them, i fitted them along with the custom fog light surrounds i made, i had to get rid of the fogs as the passenger side one was pushing against boost pipe & pushing the bumper out.

I also had time to fit my new alloy brackets for the brembo's so got those back on & bleeded the brakes up with some fresh fluid. I was going to fit a bigger 23mm master cylinder but the pedal is spot on so i think ill leave it.

7746BDA5-2EF9-4995-97CB-05B8546B30BA-12805-0000040ACCAD0DC8_zpsf759bdee.jpg

null_zps68e77d35.jpg

0B275CC2-1AED-4EF0-AF8C-4EC4485D658D-12805-0000040AB7AAC182_zps8f197586.jpg

Then i went to York raceway for the afternoon i didn't take part but the drive home was eventful had a play with a V10 R8 & the little clio held its own against it, Richard the lad who owned it said he was very impressed & added me on facebook as we had a chat afterwards.

null_zpsfa699a5f.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I bet the chap with the R8 wondered wtf was going on with a little clio up his chuff. Good work mate, keep it up :)

Can't see how this can get any better mate but Im sure you'' manage it.. Epic!!

Thanks very much mate, itll probs just be little bits ill do here & there.

I bet the chap with the R8 wondered wtf was going on with a little clio up his chuff. Good work mate, keep it up :)

Haha soon as we slowed i pulled beside him & the 1st thing he asked is what power it was & how much it weighed then we swapped lanes & we were just side by side nothing really in it, his R8 was unreal though & the sound with full exhaust was epic.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Still awesome as ever! Always wonderd how you managed to run with fogs! No chance of mine fitting atall lol

Whats the latest dyno printout look like?

​ill upload them mate only got the two this time, had a few different types of graphs at stage 1

Still awesome as ever! Always wonderd how you managed to run with fogs! No chance of mine fitting atall lol

Cheers Stu, lol it is abit of a squeeze isnt it, id cut the fog light casing right back & sealed it all up but it was still pushing the bumper out so id just had enough & took them out never use them anyway lol

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

Cheers Stu, lol it is abit of a squeeze isnt it, id cut the fog light casing right back & sealed it all up but it was still pushing the bumper out so id just had enough & took them out never use them anyway lol

Ah right, So a bit of a cut and shut then. Heres by boost pipes on the pas side, Had to trim the fog holder round it aswell!

94254A8C-B238-4684-8B09-F496AEA32B21-2094-000001B819CF08BC_zps90e7164f.jpg

Not fancying a swap yet? ;)

Yeah thats what ive done with mine & abit of trimming off the bumper & its fine now, dosnt help with the way the intercooler is over to that side lol.

haha unless someone offered me a price i could say no to i dont think id part with it, so thats a no to the swap :rasp:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Yeah thats what ive done with mine & abit of trimming off the bumper & its fine now, dosnt help with the way the intercooler is over to that side lol.

haha unless someone offered me a price i could say no to i dont think id part with it, so thats a no to the swap :rasp:

yeah I've had to shave a fair bit off the bumper! Sits allright now on just the aero catches though. And bugger, I'll keep saving then :rasp: haha

yeah I've had to shave a fair bit off the bumper! Sits allright now on just the aero catches though. And bugger, I'll keep saving then haha

Im going to trim a little bit more off mine so i can get it perfect, do you just have the aero catches holding the full bumper on or do you still have the two bolts in the front? Are you going to fcs? I dnt think i can make it, so just going to do CCS so need a few pics of them together?

Had a wee laugh at keeping with the R8, thats amazing. Any idea what your bhp/ton is?

Haha i couldnt stop laughing tbh was chuffed to bits & even the fact he was impressed with a little old clio. Im going to see what else i can get rid of in terms of weight without having to take the rear seats out & ill take it to the local weigh bridge.

How much would tempt you

Ha erm im not even sure tbh i havnt even thought about it, but i suppose everything has a price.

Looking good mate, have you had the new ECU fitted yet.

Cheers Dom, not yet mate thats next though, it drives perfect on the standard ecu tbh just abit lumpy on cold start up but then its fine, but im still going to get one, unless you want to sell me yours :rasp: im even impressed with the fuel consumption from mondays outing maybe even better than the 197 on fuel :quiet: haha.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
How is the fuel consumption, done a couple of track days in mine now and was getting 8 mpg lol. Seriously considering going forged, do you think its worth it, would you do it again. I find the low boost set up is so useable and still very capable.

Not sure on what mpg im getting due to the display deciding to keep resetting itself for the past 2yr lol, havnt got a clue if its a common fault ive never looked into it i just go off how many miles ive done, i filled up & it was on the last dot before the full mark, then drove to york & back so about 150 mile round trip but had the loud pedal down quite abit coming back, then a few other places before i got home & it was on half a tank so i was happy with that. 8mpg is very low lol but on track though so thats understanable lol, what you getting every day?

I dont regret forging mine the extra power & knowing its now forged is great but at 260bhp it was still a fast car & beat some very quick cars but i wouldnt have been disapointed if i couldnt have forged it. Its all the other bits involved once youve started, other than pistons & rods, the valves, valve springs, cams etc etc. im glad ive done it though as i cnt see me parting with it unless something happens that i have to.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Not sure on what mpg im getting due to the display deciding to keep resetting itself for the past 2yr lol, havnt got a clue if its a common fault ive never looked into it i just go off how many miles ive done, i filled up & it was on the last dot before the full mark, then drove to york & back so about 150 mile round trip but had the loud pedal down quite abit coming back, then a few other places before i got home & it was on half a tank so i was happy with that. 8mpg is very low lol but on track though so thats understanable lol, what you getting every day?

I dont regret forging mine the extra power & knowing its now forged is great but at 260bhp it was still a fast car & beat some very quick cars but i wouldnt have been disapointed if i couldnt have forged it. Its all the other bits involved once youve started, other than pistons & rods, the valves, valve springs, cams etc etc. im glad ive done it though as i cnt see me parting with it unless something happens that i have to.

Dont blame you mate, its pure class

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Sounds like you are getting very good mpg considering, I would be happy with that, 8 mpg is low but not to bad as when the car was just cammed I was getting 14 mpg on track, I average around 26 mpg day to day. Will have to have a good think about forging, like you say its all the little bits that add up. Maybe you can take me for a spin if you go to CSS, although I'm sure that would be a bad idea for my wallet.

Sounds like you are getting very good mpg considering, I would be happy with that, 8 mpg is low but not to bad as when the car was just cammed I was getting 14 mpg on track, I average around 26 mpg day to day. Will have to have a good think about forging, like you say its all the little bits that add up. Maybe you can take me for a spin if you go to CSS, although I'm sure that would be a bad idea for my wallet.

I was getting decent mpg on that run but might be poor when I'm using it for work, I'll keep you posted. Yeah considering you were getting 14 when it was cammed its not a massive drop for the difference in power. Yeah I'll be going to CSS but like you say it might be a bad idea for your wallet if I take you for a spin haha

Ill have to have a pop down and have a look one day craig

Yeah defo mate

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Im going to trim a little bit more off mine so i can get it perfect, do you just have the aero catches holding the full bumper on or do you still have the two bolts in the front? Are you going to fcs? I dnt think i can make it, so just going to do CCS so need a few pics of them together.

Yeah just aero catches and nothing else! Dont know about FCS yet either, But should be at CSS yeah, So get pics of them and put mine to shame between yours and harphams! lol.

I was busy last Monday but not with the sunflower the exhaust manifold on the 197 had been blowing for a while common problem with them it seems, eventually one popped up forsale on 197.net so I bought it & set about fitting it last Monday ready for a drive to blackpool, it was a bit of a chew on lifting the subframe etc back up on my own, but I'd done it at my parents so my dad give me a hand. The quality of the 197 manifold compared the 1*2 ones is shite, mine had cracked on #2 & #3 ports & the left flexi had snapped.

Anyway while I was there I thought I would grab a photo of the 197 & ph1s together.

null_zps92ab2e7c.jpg

null_zps55846aa5.jpg

null_zps06e751df.jpg

null_zps1d6a0862.jpg

null_zps37ec1106.jpg

Yeah just aero catches and nothing else! Dont know about FCS yet either, But should be at CSS yeah, So get pics of them and put mine to shame between yours and harphams! lol.

I defo won't be doing FCS but defo doing CSS instead. Haha I don't no about putting yours to shame mines showing a few battle scares now stone chips to the front end, hasn't long been painted either :( really want a full respray before CSS.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
750 miles to the highlands and back, Got a cracked windscreen on the journey too. you sitting down...

null_zps0415287b.jpg

Bloody hell mate that is stone chipped :( I'll stop moaning about mine now haha.

Is the chip bad? Are you having to get a new screen? I need a new one really as when I first got it, it had s**t wipers on & they came apart & scratched the screen.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Yeah just a tad! lol. Its a 5 / 6" crack across where the tax disc is! didn't notice it till a few days after I was home, So will need to get a new screen at somepoint, So thats something else to the never ending list!

Also, Will fire you a text in the morning in reply to the pm!

HUUGE place, think they said last time i was there that part of it is about half a mile long or something lol, work like robots but plenty of money to be earned and the cash is what it's all about for me now haha