ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Ph1 172

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Darren, It all comes down to how handy you are with spanners and what sort of engineering ingenuity you posses.

When ever you pay someone else to do the work it's obviously gonna be more expensive.

You only have to look at Scoff and his F4R turbo'd renault 5 knocking out 551bhp. It's been built on a fraction of the budget of some of thye clios currently doing the rounds.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
I like it, looks quick considering the low boost. Ignore the clique, they are only jealous and it's safer to share an opinion on here rather than have your own ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
looks awesome mate, I would love to do this to mine

I asked paul ( i think it was him, guy operating dyno) and he said its a £4k drive in drive out service

As for the 2.5 + 3.5k comment, Id rather spend 3.5k on a cheap car than spend 3.5k on a more expensive cost, all in you've got a car for 6k(ish) that would embarress something for the same money in the same league and above....more thinking of a 182, ph1 172's FTW!

SQ5
I like it, looks quick considering the low boost. Ignore the clique, they are only jealous and it's safer to share an opinion on here rather than have your own ;)

My fellow Clio SC owner ;) Yea it feels quicker but isn't that much quicker. It just pulls all the way to the top of the rev range and doesn't let off! No ones opinions phase me, its there opinion and I don't need to follow it :)

looks awesome mate, I would love to do this to mine

I asked paul ( i think it was him, guy operating dyno) and he said its a £4k drive in drive out service

As for the 2.5 + 3.5k comment, Id rather spend 3.5k on a cheap car than spend 3.5k on a more expensive cost, all in you've got a car for 6k(ish) that would embarress something for the same money in the same league and above....more thinking of a 182, ph1 172's FTW!

Cheers. Yea its £4025 all in, bit extra for me as I needed new engine too but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

The fun of having a fast car is it not looking like a fast car. To be able to keep on the bumper of faster expensive cars is a nice feeling ;)

Adz

Work van
loveeee it i want a ph1 172 for christmas maybe santa will bring me one haha. Keep up the good work :approve:

SQ5
Shall we speak to Ph-reebone? Good coverage for RSTuning and Ktec?!?!

Performance French Car may be interested!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Cheers. Yea its £4025 all in, bit extra for me as I needed new engine too but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

The fun of having a fast car is it not looking like a fast car. To be able to keep on the bumper of faster expensive cars is a nice feeling ;)
the more I read about the SC clio's the more it makes me think the things that have happened meaning I keep the sport is actually a blessing in disguise, next time theres an RST RR day on I really need a blast out in this :) would love a go in the ph2 but if its a ph1 i can pretend its mine ;-)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
You bloody what??
I've been sitting in doing sod all when you coulda popped over and we coulda casually driven down the A47 in it....OUTRAGEOUS!!!

DMS

A thirsty 172
So exactly how many members with SC'd / TC'd 1*2's do we have on here at the minute?
It'd be good to get a list together to potentially help organise a meet. ;)

SQ5
You bloody what??
I've been sitting in doing sod all when you coulda popped over and we coulda casually driven down the A47 in it....OUTRAGEOUS!!!

I was with a lady friend, probably wouldn't of looked good saying can you stand here for 15 minutes while I take my mate out haha!

So exactly how many members with SC'd / TC'd 1*2's do we have on here at the minute?
It'd be good to get a list together to potentially help organise a meet. ;)

Sounds a plan, get a thread going in Clio Discussion!

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I like the idea of forced induction in a Clio and suprising other 'faster' cars is always fun. Would like to see this on high boost on a decent road.

Personally, I think that it's a lot of money (I have previously been the owner of 'cheap cars' (cheaper than a Clio), so £4k seems a lot to spend on a car) but it will be a fun car and has the potential to be a serious giant killer, so why not spend that on it.

Remember to post updates on how you get on and I think I spotted that there were some track vids to come?

For those who are wondering which one is best, why not have both....?

http://car-hypertune.blogspot.com/ (not a Clio, but the idea os there)

Let's face it though, both would be a huge expense for no a big gain over just one, my car is almost as powerful as the one in the link with only a turbo and more boost to come.

Coupe/Defender V8
awesome mate. Should be quite the weapon soon

I'm definately going to trip up to you in December, should be quite interesting to say the least ;)

JDM Dc2
looks sweet! shame about the state of the wheels tho!

certainlly sounded sweet too at the RR day at RSTuning the other week

JB

RB 182 Cup
Very nice.

Good choice on the coilovers? I'm looking to get some FKs as well.

Out of interest, is top speed affected at all? Suppose it's quite hard to test without a long straight bit of moto...track ;)

SQ5
FKs are brilliant IMHO!

It gets to higher speeds quicker, hits a wall at 130 rather than 100, but God it gets there quicker!

RS RIP
Jez.... that's one loud car !!

Are you going to get a little more on the boost soon ? Looks pretty damn quick now, but like said before it looks like a fast stock one ?

I personally prefer this over a turbo anyday :cool:

SQ5
Restrictor plate was taken off tonight and going to be bored out tomorrow ready for mapping on Thursday!

Ph1
You'd a been better sticking the vids up once its all mapped and running some boost matey.

Gives a false idea of it if you dont read the thread proper lol

SQ5
I won't make a separate thread for these track videos from the other day then!

[YOUTUBE]mDEL82kHygU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UpMqYutbFyc[/YOUTUBE]

SQ5
Cheers mate, I'll try not to though lol! More videos on track next week hopefully :) with proper boost!