ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Daimler Single day detail

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My Dad bought a new car and pestered me to give it a good going over, after hearing him say he'd bought some T-cut I decided to do it sooner than later.

It wasn't too bad just a bit dull and swirly.

null_zpse05d4736.jpg

Nice unloved fuel cap...

null_zpscd1ded8a.jpg

null_zpsd1d7c7d8.jpg

So anyway cracked on with the RDS, really can't beat it for £2.19 a bottle...

null_zpsc9fae17a.jpg

AF Imperial for the wheels...

null_zps9c7d46a1.jpg

All pressured off and then foamed...Mmmm Bananna..

null_zps3197df98.jpg

null_zpse935cc13.jpg

2BM with AF Lather....

null_zpsd86dbc10.jpg

Then the Decon stage, sprayed Tar x then wiped..

null_zpsb1a9de6f.jpg

Then the beautiful smelling Iron x, couldn't get a picture if it working on the paint even though it was bleeding loads!! so here's one of the wheels..

null_zps87576577.jpg

null_zps802ff961.jpg

To finish the decon I used my new pad, very very very well lubed up with berry blast. Smells soo bloody good!!

null_zps791e20b6.jpg

Now, time to examine paint!

null_zpsbeb09de6.jpg

null_zps245e744f.jpg

Health and safety Steve was attracted by the 'pretty light'..

null_zps32dcb310.jpg

Decided to measure the paint before I went any further, pretty much average the whole way round but with some spray work going in at the front..

null_zps6edb44b0.jpg

Anyway, the paint was fairly soft and I got quite a good correction in the time I had...

null_zpsb30a0f37.jpg

null_zpsf16bca31.jpg

Like a god damn mirror!

null_zpsdc68a394.jpg

As always I glazed as it wasn't perfect due to it being single dayer!

null_zpsccb9e840.jpg

Gave it a cleanse and then gave it a coat of my wax...

null_zps2173a7c0.jpg

Attacked the exhausts with 3000 grit paper and AF Mercury...

null_zps839f3004.jpg

Did all the plastics and rubber with CarPro Pearl, love this stuff but didn't get any pictures :(

I then went at the interior, this stuff isn't fantastic but I bloody love the smell...

null_zps6ea3e69d.jpg

That gave me enough time to let the first layer of wax to cure and add another.

Gave the engine a quick spruce but nothing too in depth...

null_zps487d402d.jpg

I left my camera with all good finished pictures in the boot of this and i'm not sure when I'll manage to get it back :( so here are some rubbish iPhone ones..

9985003915_853c585876_b.jpg

Untitled by scrooge89, on Flickr

null_zps6f4eb05a.jpg

null_zpsae3b509e.jpg

null_zps0f28381f.jpg

null_zpsbcd112e3.jpg

null_zpsda648b20.jpg

null_zps6f9446c5.jpg

Love this colour!!

null_zps4a014d55.jpg

null_zps0c2a301a.jpg

null_zps38bfac96.jpg

We also got bored and decided to try and balance the a 50p on it's side whilst the engine is running trick, it worked amazingly.

th_0CFC3453-7977-4584-801F-B5FCD910B5D6-549-000000964D154C7B_zpsce028fae.jpg

I hope to get the proper pictures this week :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Bet your dad was over the moon mate?

Where do you buy RDS from for that price?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
He was mate, loved it, I have his Range Rover to do next week. I'm really not looking forward to it :(

Sainsburys at Lakeside mate, grabbed 5 bottles!

It was an interesting drive home with fat Dave driving this and me chasing in the Toledo!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Love those cars, horrid economy though, I think it was about 15mpg I averaged, but epic comfort and they are genuinely quick too!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I used a quarter of a tank in over 20 miles lol It really wasn't as quick as I thought it was until well into tripple figures, shame really as it's always been a hero car to me (the xjr version obviously) the supercharger sounds bloody awesome though!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I found it felt slower to drive than it actually was, but you looked at the speedo and realised that was just cause you were so well surrounded in luxury and didnt get the sensations.

bet its a better power to weight than a clio cup, will have to dig out figures, lol.

Its at high speeds it really impresses though, over 100 it still pulls properly hard.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That's what I felt once I was behind the wheel, looked down and was shocked. When I was chasing I had to lift off between 50-100, stayed even until 125 then it pulled on me (roughly 2 car lengths) very very slowly pulled up to the limiter. For the weight of the thing it is bloody awesome.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Well mashed a load of different ones together lol Properly chuffed, easy on and off, adds plenty of shine, beads brilliantly just need to see ho durable it is.

Thanks.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Thanks Jared! that's why I love doing it so much, proper sense of achievement once finished!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
With a different seat of wheels and a private plate, that would still pass for a newer car!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
He's looking for new wheels atm but he doesn't know what to get, anyone got any suggestions?

It now has the plate J500 AGS. My nan and grandad's old private plate, will take ages to explain it's meaning but it's special to my Dad.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Right, my Dad has decided he needs this gone. It's on 150k, has a rusty rear door and some laquer peel near the rear wing.

He wants a diesel and is asking what I want for the Toledo etc.

Now I love this car, always wanted one etc Reckon it's worth swapping? I haven't a clue what either car is worth tbh.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Right, my Dad has decided he needs this gone. It's on 150k, has a rusty rear door and some laquer peel near the rear wing.

He wants a diesel and is asking what I want for the Toledo etc.

Now I love this car, always wanted one etc Reckon it's worth swapping? I haven't a clue what either car is worth tbh.

Do it!

That Jag is beyond epic!!!

And you have a company car to munch the miles right?