ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged BG +++++

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Nothing major to update, will be going to Snetterton on the 8th of next month for my first track day of the year, just need to change the oil, filter and plugs and will be good to go.

I have spoken to a well known guy on here about building a forged engine for me, hope to get it done before the summer.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
No mate, got the Volvo for day to day, only done about 100 miles in the Clio in the last few months, going to go for a blast in a bit though, the sun is out and it quite dry. :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
enjoy, can't wait for them work to get done.
Can I ask.what it's costing?

Going to be about 3.5 k to have the engine built with all parts, will then fit the engine my self and sell the standard lump. I will post up the spec as soon as I finalise it.

I cant actually imagine you driving a volvo Dom!

Lol, I love it to be honest mate, sounds great for a diesel and goes quite well for a big old lump.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Had a great day at Snetterton yesterday, car preformed without fault once again. It was a bit wet at first, with a few down poors, at one point you couldn't see where you were going but it was great fun.

Made a few vids this is probably the best one. My mate is in the silver wrx which he has just had mapped at scooby clinic plus a few other bits, goes really well 310 bhp and 300 ft/lbs. Not a lot in it between the two cars, just hard to keep up out of a couple of tighter bends.

Last edited by a moderator:
What DV are you running Dom?

I would have expected yours to do abit better against the scooby on the straights, I no he's getting out the bends abit quicker though so maybe while, mine at 260bhp used to make light work of a friends evo fq340 on the straights.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Not running a dv mate. The wrx is still a light car at 1220 kg so power to weight is very similar to mine, but it has a lot more torque and a lot lower down the rev range, ideal for pulling out of tight bends. I am having to come out of the tight bends in third gear when I really need second but it just spins the fronts up.

The fq340;s are quite heavy at 1400 kg, had a run against one a couple a weeks ago and there was nothing in it really.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Dom, is this the K Tec supercharger set up?

A couple of questions if that's ok, are you using the black restrictor? With the supercharger in place do you lose the aircon?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Dom, is this the K Tec supercharger set up?

A couple of questions if that's ok, are you using the black restrictor? With the supercharger in place do you lose the aircon?

Yes its the ktec kit mate, the restrictor is black but they come in a few sizes, yes you loose the air con.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I have decided to brake the car, not using it as much as I would like and have lost the bug for trackdays. The car has been awesome over the 3 1/2 years or so that I have owned it and I have enjoyed taking the car to the level it is at now and would happily do it all again and probably will at some point. It dosn't make financial sense to sell the as a whole so everything will be up for sale in the next two weeks or so.

The spec list of the car is on the first page of the thread, so if there is anything anybody is after just send me a pm and I let you know prices ect.

There will be a for sale thread posted in the next couple of days.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Dom pm me with a price for the brakes please.

Also a price for the charger kit.

Thank you.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Getting loads of pms for all the nice bits if everyone one can bear with me I will post a proper for sale thread with all the info that people need to know just saves me sending the same pm 20 times.

Thread will be up by weds.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Sucha shame Dom, really is a stunning example!

Wish I was in a position to buy the SC kit of you :(

If you need a hand pulling it apart give us a shout lol

It is a shame mate but there are still so many cars that I want own, going to own as many as I can over the next few years just keep them for around a 6 months a year and hopefully not loose to much money on them. I think a evo will be first to tick off the list.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Going to make a start taking bits of the car at the weekend, as soon as things are off they will be put up for sale with photos and descriptions

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Car is being viewed tomorrow, the viewer knows I won't budge on price so looks like it's going to sell, have been feeling sick for the last couple of days just thinking about it so god knows how I am going to feel as it drives off down the road.

Really going to miss this car, and will probably regret it for some time to come. :(

I think its the best car pound for pound that I have owned and I have had some really nice cars

Car is being viewed tomorrow, the viewer knows I won't budge on price so looks like it's going to sell, have been feeling sick for the last couple of days just thinking about it so god knows how I am going to feel as it drives off down the road.

Really going to miss this car, and will probably regret it for some time to come. :(

I think its the best car pound for pound that I have owned and I have had some really nice cars

Good luck with the sale mate. Saves you a lot of hassle having to break bits off. Hope you didn't offer it up too cheap though?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Car is now sold.

It will be staying on the forum, hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I have, he has got a great car.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I think you told me the price but you said you had a viewing mate..
I would of been tempted tbh but just picked up few more cars so timing wasn't good anyway.