ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged 172 vs Vee

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
vee's do look cool and have a good road presence, as a rare car, they're far from supercar status though

Would you call a sierra rs500 a supercar? I doubt it

Anyhow, regardless of which one is faster i'd imagine the chances of this supercharged 172 running into a vee on the road is very mild never mind on the strip

Be good to see though, santa pod anyone?

I like the V6 Clio. But I wouldn't buy one.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Quite possibly. It's still a reasonable thread - the OP wants to know what people think would be quicker. Thats how I see it anyway.

But yes, the tuned v std debate opens up a lot of variables...throw in the letter V and the number 6 and all hell breaks loose!

True. So in summary the 172 would win!....Next!!! As said on page1!

There is no reason not to compare them. They are both cars and are both hatchbacks. I'm not sure what cateogry you think the V6 belongs in, if not with Golfs, Meganes etc.

im not saying its a complete waste of time.

but a mid mounted v6.and standard. so that belongs with mr2, turbo's mainly. then pos with rwd, there the same money as s2000, 350z. z4's etc

i dont think its a fair race. i think you'l win,

but as a bence mark to compare your car, as good or quicker than.

look for another fwd charged motor. ST. golf gti. meg etc.

i dont think saying my supercharged 172 is quicker than a standard v6 clio,is much of a statment. put yourself up against some bigger cars

Better than yours. C*nt.
Next season I'll drag my sorry ass to the pod for a half-hearted attempt, just to shut you lot up. I know I'll lose, but on the flipside I'll always be able to find my car in a car park because there's a crowd of people gathered by it.

Tav

Clio 197
Only experience I've had of a V6 was a ph2 from 40mph-limiter in 4th on a 182 cup and it only pulled a couple of car lengths. I started in 3rd as well, silly mistake. A 250bhp 172 would MULLER a standard V6...but that's not impressive...buy a good car instead.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
LOL @ this thread and the Vee owners thinking there cars are something comparible to cars such as a 599 in the looks department!

They did look good five or six years ago but even cars such as the new RS's (Clios not the even better looking Ford) and CTR's are in line (or at the very least very close) in the looks department imo....Get over yoursleves FFS the car has wow factor for it being rare to people that are not in the know but i for one dont get as excited about them as i used to!

Fair enough, things are down to personal taste etc etc but a vee is in the same looks department as CTR's???? Get a grip fella!! Ok, Ph1's like mine aren't quite so fresh to look at from the front as they used to be but the Ph2 V6 is still as good to look at now as it was a few years back.

To put it in perspective for you as you clearly have never been in one to appriciate the reactions they get, last month I drove through the Dorchester Hotels small car park to show my younger brother the mental supercars parked out side. To my amazement, the fella working there asked if I was parking next to them or dropping my passenger off!!! There was Ferarri California and Black Edition Merc there for christ sake. I was gobsmacked to say the least. Not sure how many other hot hatch drivers would have been asked that. lol

Maybe they are a Marmite car, and maybe they could do with being a little bit quicker. Fact is, they get just as much if not more attention than most supercars.

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Very true pal... Couple of weeks back I was filling up and two old guys pulled up in a continental gt, both got out and wandered over to the vee. Suitably impressed they both declared they should buy a couple for weekend toys

Clio V6
Obviously I'm biased but I'm sorry, the reaction these cars get are not that of a Clio with a bodykit, you'd be suprised how many people know exactly what they are. At the end of the day, they put a smile on the faces of both owners and passers by so can't be that bad.

They definitely are not supercars but they give us mortals a small taste of the experience :)

LY 200
I know I'll lose, but on the flipside I'll always be able to find my car in a car park because there's a crowd of people gathered by it.

Arrogant much?

I think we all know the answer but it'll be more fun seeing it typed out!

Next time this happens though get a picture and post it up as i think we need to see it to believe it.

Fair enough, things are down to personal taste etc etc but a vee is in the same looks department as CTR's???? Get a grip fella!! Ok, Ph1's like mine aren't quite so fresh to look at from the front as they used to be but the Ph2 V6 is still as good to look at now as it was a few years back.

To put it in perspective for you as you clearly have never been in one to appriciate the reactions they get, last month I drove through the Dorchester Hotels small car park to show my younger brother the mental supercars parked out side. To my amazement, the fella working there asked if I was parking next to them or dropping my passenger off!!! There was Ferarri California and Black Edition Merc there for christ sake. I was gobsmacked to say the least. Not sure how many other hot hatch drivers would have been asked that. lol

Maybe they are a Marmite car, and maybe they could do with being a little bit quicker. Fact is, they get just as much if not more attention than most supercars.

LOL! Ok mate, i can assure you i have got a grip of myself but as you own a vee i'll let you off this once still standing by what i said originally....I like the vee but 'its no supercar' in terms of road respect like you lot imply!

And by the way i meant CTR's as in the new ones not the older ones - As cars evolve (which they have done since the Vee's stopped being made all those years ago believe it or not) they have got better looking.

Where does all this neck snapping bollox happen anyway!? I have seen the same said about LY plenty of times but in my many years ownership havnt seen it happen unless im to busy concentrating on the road! :rolleyes:

Clio V6
I've owned a LY 182 and a Vee and I can assure you the latter gets far, far more attention. I'm not trying to be big-headed JayR but it's a fact that the Vee turns heads everywhere it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.