ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super Resin Polish

Not got a car
Right

I've Clayed, black holed and waxed my inferno but the paint is still a little rough, not by alot, would Auto Glyms polish just get rid of the last bits?

I dont really want to buy a polish from a website atm as i will have to pay postage for the 1 item

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Right

I've Clayed, black holed and waxed my inferno but the paint is still a little rough, not by alot, would Auto Glyms polish just get rid of the last bits?

I dont really want to buy a polish from a website atm as i will have to pay postage for the 1 item

You've gone about it all backwards............

Wash>dry>clay>polish>seal>wax

;)

Porsche Boxster987S
Maybe he can feel the swirls? hence a little rough?

More lube and more back and forth action. :eek:

seriously????:rolleyes:

if youre saying youve clayed it but its still not as smooth as glass then you have either used too much lubricant , not gave the area being worked on enough passes , or you need a stronger clay. Claying is the worst bit of detailing imo but something which if done , should be done correctly.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Can you mess up your paint from claying? As I spent about an hour on my roof a few days ago as it was peppered with black spots from the previous owner that would not budge when washing.

Porsche Boxster987S
Can you mess up your paint from claying? As I spent about an hour on my roof a few days ago as it was peppered with black spots from the previous owner that would not budge when washing.

if you let the clay or paint dry up (not enough lubricant) you can marr the paint. Claying also causes swirls. So the polishes stages and those after should be followed when finished claying to get the best finish/look from the paint

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Ah thats alright, I used plenty of lubricant while I was at it. Looks much better now, the clay got rid of the marks but it just took a while as my roof and bonnet were covered. Thanks man.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
how long did you work the clay on each panel? Small area's at a time. Try again, if its still bad then move up to a slightly more agressive clay?

never had this prob before :S

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think clay should be used to take all tar off tho.

I've always said a good product like tardis will do half the work for you and leave less chance at damaging your paint with clay trying to get stubborn tar spots off.

Clay is designed to remove contaminants that are invisible to the eye. . . last time I checked, I could see tar spots ;)

Just because it removes tar, does not mean that you should therefore just use it to remove that and that only. Tardis or AG ITR is to be used to loosen and remove 75% or more of the tar. The clay should then be used to remove anything that could still be there.

Who ever said "you can feel swirls" has obviously not had their morning coffee!!!!

SRP will fill swirls as it is a filler polish. If you paint surface is rough, you either haven't clayed it properly, or you have sap/over spray, meaning your clay bar needs to be tougher.

Paul, is there an echo in here at the moment or is it just me?

Hai x

Last edited:
  Porsche Boxster987S
pmsl. We should just be assigned to a thread whenever one gets put up. Some of the things im reading are hilarious tbh

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The detailing threads have been funny recently topped with "I can feel the swirls"

Not got a car
Ill give it another Clay, Oh its Mequirs Clay i use, Can you clay when the car is still wet from rinsing as well as using the lube, I find i use a lot of lube.

Bumder With A Buffer
he he lube. :eek:

Try purchasing some Meguiars Last Touch to use as lube. Dont go through too much of it then.