ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super Cup Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done the test fitting today and I have to alter the pattern to clear a few intrusions. Once done the pattern will be sent off to the laser cutter to be replicated.

Once the pattern is done is just a case of welding it together.

However its the pattern that takes absolutly ages to get sorted.

Hoping to have the pattern done next week and MAYBE the running item in matts car by end of next week.

Very much a case of not rushing it as compromises sneak in then. Simple box plenum could be chucked together in a day but that will never be 'as good'.

Time here reaps rewards later and the decision was taken not to compromise.

Must admit my lifter fiasco didn't help things though as a 3 day job then took 5!

Oh and on a side point the Super Cup is back up and running on a standard inlet manifold ready for base lines to be taken. Drove it 80 miles today on its first run out on this engine. Very healthy oil pressure (way above book everywhere), stable temps and no leaks :)

Cheers
M

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Very much a case of not rushing it as compromises sneak in then. Simple box plenum could be chucked together in a day but that will never be 'as good'.

Time here reaps rewards later and the decision was taken not to compromise.

Must admit my lifter fiasco didn't help things though as a 3 day job then took 5!

Oh and on a side point the Super Cup is back up and running on a standard inlet manifold ready for base lines to be taken. Drove it 80 miles today on its first run out on this engine. Very healthy oil pressure (way above book everywhere), stable temps and no leaks :)

Cheers
M
Sounds like a sensible approach, make sure it's ready before it's sold.

Yea......

Its a tight fit......but that because my car (used as the mockup) has non OEM engine mounts. Thought I'd get some OEM items just to make sure it didnt get even tighter.........now there is more space! yay!

More space, more power :)

The Super Cup is now run in and ready for as many rolling road sessions as it takes so not long now chaps!

Ben shall we sneak peek a photo? LOL

Cheers
M

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Frustration.gif

LY 182
well plans have changed if that is it i was under the impression it was going to be billet parts welded together

Ph1
Whats the big deal how it looks even if that was it? its what it gains that counts!?!

Folk cant see cams but they still buy them :clown::rasp:

Its not going to look a million miles from that picture im guessing.

Rolling Road results will be the big one.

This thing wont be far off full TB preformance and cheaper as per the other thread so put that into prospective :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.