ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunflower Ownership-Attempt #2

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
After some help writing off my 1st Sunflower 172 from a nice lady who took it upon herself to pull across me to get to her drive and deprive me of my ph-quick after a month of owning.. I've got another!

Its taken weeks to track one down that wasn't bent, accident repaired, a bin or just not yellow! I've driven everyone mental with my obsession with a sunflower yellow 172 but I finally found one that was right.
I'm seeing a trend; own a sunflower, buy a stupid exhaust (some Cobra Sport jobbie :/) and stick it on.. but thats going as soon as I decide what to replace it with!

I'm sunburned from what was a 'quick wash' but turned into 3 hours on the drive and a quick squirt of wax...then the local industrial estate for a few pix.

No major plans for it as yet; its already lowered about 30-40mm, hence my nicely scuffed bumper and lack of desire for a carbon splitter anymore. Its got the usual wear on the steering wheel, so will be replacing that & the exhaust fairly soon (providing this one last longer than a month!). Tempted by dark wheels or even 2118s but who knows.. the white looks pretty fresh for now!

Attachments

• SDC10807.jpg
    SDC10807.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 136
  • SDC10810.jpg
    SDC10810.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 127
  • SDC10814.JPG
    SDC10814.JPG
    457.5 KB · Views: 147
  • SDC10817.jpg
    SDC10817.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 222
  • SDC10808.jpg
    SDC10808.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
  Sunshine Bus ph-quick
:)

Attachments

• SDC10812.JPG
    SDC10812.JPG
    415.7 KB · Views: 186
  • SDC10809.jpg
    SDC10809.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 70
  • SDC10818.JPG
    SDC10818.JPG
    498.2 KB · Views: 117
  • SDC10815.JPG
    SDC10815.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 60
  • SDC10811.jpg
    SDC10811.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 96

Ian

Focus TDCi
*Jealous* Looks great, good work with the photos; will have to have a look in at the next meet. :) Plans sound good as well.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Its good to see you have got another one :) I hope this one lasts longer than the other.

Family Bus
Shame that... they're so rare too, you've done well to find a decent one!

Enjoy it chick, I've just lost mine to lack of funds, so make the most of having it! :D

Never above 25mpg
Wow, what an exhaust!! Pics of the sunburn ;) ?

Looks nice though. Do these get fading like the yellow Leons?

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Aww thats a bummer honey! You considering another RS at some point?

Rare isnt the word; seems people selling them don't know what they are though!

fad

Clio 182 FF
Looks great (apart from the exhausts)

Would look pretty good on Anthracite 2118's or even a set of Anthracite Primas.

PH2 172 rear with a stealth is the way forwards ;)

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
It looks good with the white wheels, might copy you and stick my white O.Z F1's on mine.
Good to see you have another one :)

378bhp Leon Cupra R
NICE!!

think it would suit the wheels paint gloss black with yellow metal sparkle thru it because the side bump strips are black ;)

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Better luck with this one I hope. Looks like a good example (bar exhaust but your changing it anyway)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Loving that, except for the exhaust. Haven't seen one that wide before! The white wheels really suit it.

I'd normally say time for a ph2 rear bumper but the original looks ok in sunflower. Ph2 lights would freshen it up though.

You must be the only person to have had 2 sunflower yellows. Barely seem them advertised.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
my old one? Do you have it now? :/ It went to salvage auction.

The exhaust is horrid, I agree!

Wheels; I'm debating anthracite turinis with a yellow lip. 2118s or something totally different and start a new wheel trend...
Probably will stick a ph2 rear on it when I rid myself of the chav-ness! Cobra Sport FTL.

Ta guys!

Ian

Focus TDCi
If you haven't got one by the next meet; you can have a go if you like :)

Cheers. :) Think I'm going to brave a few insurance quotes in a minute.. will have to see how that goes. I'd probably just sit there and pretend to drive, don't wanna crash someone elses Sunflower, let alone your second one, lol.

my old one? Do you have it now? :/ It went to salvage auction.

The exhaust is horrid, I agree!

Wheels; I'm debating anthracite turinis with a yellow lip. 2118s or something totally different and start a new wheel trend...
Probably will stick a ph2 rear on it when I rid myself of the chav-ness! Cobra Sport FTL.

Ta guys!

Josh at Cliospares has two in for repair H; not sure if yours is the cat-d or -c.

As for wheels:

Speedstar said:

:approve:

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Those wheels look smart!!

If it helps I'm paying 1100ish, 0 NCB, 1 accident (3rd party fault), on the drive at night. I'm 23.

Lovely looking car mate, not met you as of yet, will surely see it over the coming summer months.

Jamie

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im amazed you managed to un-earth another Sunflower in that amount of time :eek:

16" F1's are a must for it, and a stealth s/s i think :D

Whats the miles on this one?