ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Seemed like an appropriate location!

200-church-2-1280x720-509faec26f905.jpg

200-church-1-1280x720-509faec19f415.jpg

200-church-4-1280x720-509faec2cb6e8.jpg

200-church-3-1280x720-509faec29f73f.jpg

Sunrise takes a while this time of year, so moved on and got these too:

200-sunrise-rear-1280x720-509faec35b3b8.jpg

200-sunrise-front-2-1280x720-509faec3043fd.jpg

RS6 C7
Iv'e changed my Desktop from your previous Autumn picture to the first one in the thread.

I expect a new one next weekend..

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
I've just rejigged it a little so you might want to save it again!

Running out of ideas and locations now so might be some time before the next lot...

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Nice shots!

Look out for little things like the light sticking out of the roof of the car, and things like that.

I'm usually very careful with this type of thing but it was very early and I didn't notice until I started going through the pics. I've removed it from the first photo and will sort the other too.

Nice pics. Does this car ever get dirty/ driven like it should?

It certainly does! I only take pics when it's clean though so you only see this part of the clean-photo-drive cycle.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Mate I love your photography, tried taking some similar on holiday but failed lol... can you give any tips? Got my first SLR and struggling with too many options! I tried using aperture priority mode and chucked the f-stop right down but I don't know if that was the right thing to do.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Love that, what camera do you use?

Canon 5D MkIII, with a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 for these.

Mate I love your photography, tried taking some similar on holiday but failed lol... can you give any tips? Got my first SLR and struggling with too many options! I tried using aperture priority mode and chucked the f-stop right down but I don't know if that was the right thing to do.

Looking at your K-Tec thread you've got the basics of composition right with the first image - rule of thirds, wheels turned, no trees / posts etc sticking out of the car. Perhaps take a couple of steps back, or leave more room when cropping. If you look at most "snapshots" the car takes up almost the entire frame, whereas in more appealing photos there's room for it to breathe.

If you're going for blurred backgrounds then Av mode and setting a low (wide) f-stop is the right way to go, but depending on your camera and lens you might not get the same level of blur as you see in other photos - it's dependent on the how wide open the lens will go, and how big the sensor of the camera is.

Even a top spec camera and a keen eye will only get you so far these days - I spent about 20 minutes taking the pics, then hours tweaking them. This is what really makes the difference - bringing out the colours, correcting the exposure, removing bits you don't want in the photo (little bits of litter etc). Always shoot RAW and then play with the settings in your software when you convert.