ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday 2nd October - MFN end of season show and pre meet @ McArthur Glen - Notts

BG 225 lux + cup RST
Sunday 2nd October 2011

McArthur Glen shopping centre - leaving @ 3pm to head to MFN end of season show for 4pm
EAST MIDLANDS DESIGNER OUTLET
Mansfield Road, South Normanton, Derbyshire, DE55 2JW, 01773 545000

MFN arrival approx 4pm
Shipley Gate
Nottingham
NG16 3JE
http://www.mfn-club.co.uk/Car_Nights.html

mfn_oct.jpg

FACEBOOK EVENT: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180901458651583

MK3, RX450H.
I'll be going down to this.
Doubt a lot of the forum geeks will as most are 30+ and have no lives.
It's menna be quite big this year.

Ph1 172 On ITB
I did go to mfn last night with a little convoy ov are own ,five clio sports a scoob and a ren five and it was a good nate ,and yes you do get chavs but so what ,

MK3, RX450H.
I went last night also. There is a number of 'chavs' there. But some people just look at everyone who wears grey trackies to be chavs. There was a number of nice cars there and I haven't had any bother whilst going down there.
Why not ask a few other area reps from around the east mids section and see if we can get a good meet going on.

340i
I'll organise a meet in the coming weeks guys.....

Any suggestions?

Not had a run to Lady Bower for awhile now..

ITB BG 182
I think a breakfast run to the lady bower would be good, they do nice fry-ups there.

Or say in 2 weeks or so have a final run of the year to Skeg Vegas? Usually goes down well if the weather is nice, big convo, raiding skeggy with Renaults an what not, even a pride of lincoln trip would be good.

ITB BG 182
I would say go to meadow hall car park for a gathering as such in the under cover car park for some photo's. Or is that too chavy meeting in a car park?

ITB BG 182
We got moved on last time we went to Meadowhall. Ended up in Toys R Us. Was a good meet though.
I would say if people are willing to come to Nottingham, We could all meet up near a pub called the Waters Edge or The Riverside for some grub and a drink, I'll speak to them see if we can get reserved spaces? Pictures wise can be done next to the river trent? under the war memorial (spellingz)

It's all fairly local and easy to get to. either that or Phoenix Park, just off junction 26 of the M1 with a pub next door?

Run to matlock?

Loads of places, just getting the general interest of where people would be willing to go and when?

MK3, RX450H.
I'll be game for any of them..

And ch!ppen, shame you lot didn't get in. I headed back at around 7:30 and was stacks of cars waiting to come in. Was rammed in all fairness.

Nissan 350z
So whats the better evening then, the opening night at the start of summer or the last one as they close up?

MK3, RX450H.
I'm not sure. Both was really busy. I left after 15minutes at the opening one due to reasons. But a lot of people said it got really busy.
But yesterdays was very busy. Was full.
Only use to go to every other one.

ITB BG 182
They used to do the car meets every sunday but now its once a month, well was once a month.
I prefer the closing on as their seems to be more on at the time.

Ph1 172 On ITB
I went to every mfn meet this year and they where allright ,you did still get the odd nob head takein a look at ur clio and takein the piss but berate you carnt please everyone,i would be up for meetin a few more clio owners sounds like a plan

340i
Well I wasn't expecting some of those comments...

I think being an east midlands area rep is like being the Captain of a sinking ship, I blame Dave.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Simon. Mate. I didn't think I'd have to say this to you but please CHILL THE f**k OUT.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
John, if you've got a problem with Simon take it up with him somewhere else. MSN, Facebook, PM, i don't give a f**k.

A Clio enthusiasts forum, in particular a meet thread, isn't the place for you and him to 'have it out'.

MK3, RX450H.
Gray, I spotted a bloke taking a photo of your car when we was at mfn.
Also, I told my mates that it's menna be rapid, they didn't believe me until they spotted the intercooler which made them change their thoughts lol..

BG 225 lux + cup RST
first time at MFN and i thought it was pretty good - it does have a bit of an odd atmosphere and some people are pretty chavvy but nothing more than you usually see at Trax etc

a few of us midlanders from meganesport / renaultsport are keen to make an appearance when it starts up again next year

ITB BG 182
daft question, if your surname is bramley do you own the silver 182 round there? Might know of you already from nevo?