ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sun Roof Problem

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
The sun roof in my car is creaking alot when it goes over bumps. i think the seal is faulty or something. any know the part number or price for this? or a quick cheap fix?:rasp:

thanks, steven

MERCEDES CLS AMG
There are 3 mods

1 - new handle

2 - new modified handle

3 - the above + a sunroof fix kit which consists of a new seal and lots of washers / nuts & bolts

All the items were once part of a warranty recall by Renault

Suzuki Ignis Sport
None of that at all.

Try folding a sponge, and wedging it between the handle and the glass. and close it shut, it should stop the rattling sounds

Cro

Meg'd r27
its just normal mate, theres some sort of a fix in the guides section, never tried it myself. Normal solution is to turn up the volume! Check out the local meets section too if you fancy meeting up with some other local members :)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
OK - lets do it properly

Here is the technical recall data from Renault uk from October 2004 concerning the sunroof rattle. Follow the guide and order what you need from your local main dealer. I will post the note if you pm me your address.

GREEN - TECH NOTE 0833A

149_4952.jpg

149_4951.jpg

149_4950.jpg

149_4949.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
The sponge fix has worked for me, and is a cheaper way of fixing it, so im not bothered.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
cheers everyone! will probably use the sponge thing for now and then look into fixing it propperly at some stage.

its just normal mate, theres some sort of a fix in the guides section, never tried it myself. Normal solution is to turn up the volume! Check out the local meets section too if you fancy meeting up with some other local members :)

pity im 16 and havent passed my test yet:dapprove:

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
I used a de-mister pad and it worked a treat but as a result i can now hear my dashtop vibrate!!!!