ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sump Gasket or Sealant?

One thing that annoys me is oil leaks, ever since i bought the car it's a very slight oil leak from somewhere, Now the engine is on the garage floor it looks to be coming from offside rear corner around sump/block height.

As i'm sure the previous owner's had the sump off, should there be a gasket or are they sealed with sealant?

Just like to have the right part in place ready for when i source the leak ;)

Chris

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Can be done lifting the engine off the subframe aparantly but its fiddly. My engine is coming out anyway + i have a small crack in mine, rubber gasket was £25 or so from renault i think.
Russ

Cheers Guy's, i thought it would be a proper gasket, but iirc mine has been put on with sealant, until i remove it i've no idea, but it's sounding like this could be the cause of the leak.

Chris

Golf GTD Mk7
just a renault characteristic I guess. It's strange not to see a bit of oil around the bay :) Get it dry sumped Chris like your caterham copy thingy (presume it was a kit car :S)