ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Summer/show wax.

@yellowbelly, thanks chap. Have you tried it? Any thoughts? Saw @MagpieV6 liked it. I think I've got enough to be getting on with for now with Illusion, BoS, BFMS and Glamour...!

Edit and I've found my Satsuma Rock too.

Last edited:
  Honda & VW
@yellowbelly, thanks chap. Have you tried it? Any thoughts? Saw @MagpieV6 liked it. I think I've got enough to be getting on with for now with Illusion, BoS, BFMS and Glamour...!

Edit and I've found my Satsuma Rock too.

No not got round to trying it out yet @JD but have 2 little sample pots.
Have heard very good things about it though. But most recently I've been using AF Spirit, bought this and Passion at the same time. Not even used Passion yet and can't see me doing so after loving Spirit. Selling it if you fancy adding to your collection fella

No not got round to trying it out yet @JD but have 2 little sample pots.
Have heard very good things about it though. But most recently I've been using AF Spirit, bought this and Passion at the same time. Not even used Passion yet and can't see me doing so after loving Spirit. Selling it if you fancy adding to your collection fella

I've got a sample of spirit but thanks buddy!

Everything has turned up, plus an @Auto Finesse Wax Mate. I've actually ordered three more as they're pretty darn good, and it'll make applying four waxes in one sitting easier, plus they'll be good in general to have to hand! So Saturday is D Day.

@aucky, worked out on Sunday (after a clean) that it is metallic... lol. Going to also try solely a Z8 over Tripple combo for s***s and giggles.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Excellent JD. I'm going to do a business associate's C63 soon... he decided to buy on black like a t**t! I fancy waxing it with something!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Please mate. I've used millions of samples of s**t but you can't beat a nice pot!

Reactions: JD
  172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive got a M&K show wax to try when i get a chance. Well see how it compares to the swissvax shine

5ef8c17e3b2d3be86e6b960118e06983.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh you're definitely going to have to hook me up!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The fiesta will be given a good going over in the next couple of weeks as it hasn't even been washed in months.

I'm going to layer up dodo juice as it lasts well, easy to put on and always adds depth. 3-4 layers maybe. If it doesn't have the desired effect I'll slap something fancy on it. Just not sure what that might be yet.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I tried a single layer of blue velvet and purple haze side by side and I was a little underwhelmed by them. Not as nice as I remember them being

Using britemax vantage last weekend over AIO max has certainly impressed me

So then.

Prepped with Tripple.

8e96ef657a81e2444460ab2b2edef965.jpg

Taped out six areas.

cb87cf98cc4294ceb03f331222eb1860.jpg

First impressions;

Satsuma rock - as good always. Easy on, spreading and off. Very oily. Looks are not bad. Smells epic.

Blackfire Midnight sun. Hard wax. Very hard. Took some "buffing" of the pit to get a sufficient amount of wax on the pad but still spread and buffed easily.

BOS so easy to use. On and off, spreads easily, looks good. Smells great. Favourite left to right so far.

ODK Glamour. Very weird smell. Easy enough on and off. Not as warm on my paint as the former three. Feels "cheap"?

Illusion. Stunning. Best of the lot. Easiest on and off. Best smell. Most boutique feel. Best looks in terms of warmth and glow.

Z8 over Tripple. Pretty darn good and obviously so easy!

c80b706d7eda553c227dc680f307d96a.jpg

So a funny old one. I then went a bit funny myself. I realised that longevity and beading was not what the test was for. So I realised, having seen which looked the best on their own, I might as well coat the entire panel in z8.

1aa18557f1610e635f87151bccac621a.jpg

That was well worth it - Illusion or BOS and Z8 are a winning combo. Two coats and the depth was even better.

7f1ae13965a75be96978895aa866ae94.jpg

2ea1e6c1489c018d500a708f33c1e6e5.jpg

Difficult to see unless in person to be honest!!

Next test will be full panel before I land on my perfect combo for up and coming shows.

@gally @Scrooge @aucky @Yellow Dave @yellowbelly

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have Illusion which i bought to try and get the best look for the sliver Clio, it works very well.

My new car is white, i will want the best shine i can get so ill be using Illusion topped with Z8 i think. :smiley:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's immense mate! The gloss on the lid is awesome.

Maybe try a different cleanser ne t time. I'll fire down some prime if you want?

I have Illusion which i bought to try and get the best look for the sliver Clio, it works very well.

My new car is white, i will want the best shine i can get so ill be using Illusion topped with Z8 i think. :smiley:

Good shout Scott!

That's immense mate! The gloss on the lid is awesome.

Maybe try a different cleanser ne t time. I'll fire down some prime if you want?

I'm fairly certain I still have some fella! Wouldn't deprive you of a rare product these days!!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I tried a desire, Illusion combo...very pleased with the results.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1431640385.935738.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1431640385.935738.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 50
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1431640419.416558.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1431640419.416558.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 45

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pffft! Illusion under Bos, layer of Z8... then lick it.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive got a definitive wax show edition sample coming. Ill see how it compares to M&K show wax. I doubt it would top BOS IMO

Looks nice

What's your thoughts on done and dusted?

Very very good. You know when you just feel a product works as well as they its delivered? So the smell is great. The bottle is easy to hold. The spray trigger is an atomiser so gives a very fine mist. And as said in the other thread it spreads and buffs well with a great shine!