ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suggestions for my 1.2 16v

Ford Focus ST 2007
Hello everyone.

This is my standard 1.2 16v Clio

Only thing I have done is remove Steelies and put 15's on the car, already the handling is much better.
I am thinking about lowering it 40mm, as the roads near me are pretty bad and plenty of bumps. Maybe get a short aerial too.
Other suggestions please :D
IMG_0182.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Source some Renault centre caps .. stop the sunroof from leaking .. try not to become a statistic.

Car looks tidy... keep it clean .. sell it on as mint as it is today in a couple of years for something bigger/better/faster/meaner.

Every time you think about buying something for it .. put the money in a pot. You'll soon have enough for a 1.6 / 172 / bungalow ;)

:cool:

Listerine & Poledo
As Giraffe says. Don't throw money at this car, save it for another one.

But welcome aboard

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Nice to see another 1.2 5dr. Ive got one!
Iif you are after doing some stuff to the car id say: RS Grille, shorter ariel, centre caps for the alloys, possible lowering but speaking from experience i wouldnt waste the money on them and also will increase insurance if you inform them, Clear side repeaters, silver visions, possible colour coding of the bump strips? other than that id just enjoy driving and keep the engine in good condition with services when needed and try keep it in good condition! :D

RB 182 195bhp
As said by everyone save the money and get something better in a few years. Smart first car though :)

Ford Focus ST 2007
Yes my sunroof does leak but have not been able to fix it yet. Might have a go later at it, got the wheel center caps on today.

Ford Focus ST 2007
Have changed the Aerial to a shorter Ripspeed one now, Smoked repeaters and 172 interior door handles soon.

Ford Focus ST 2007
Hey All. Sorry for the Very long update missingness. Here it is with the Centre caps, its getting lowered tomorrow by 40mm. Apex springs £70 from work, not bad for new. I know you guys said about saving for a sport, I am, but it will be next year i can insure a clio sport. They asked for £3000 with 2 year no claims and pass plus, so i decided to do more to my very reliable clio. I like the fact she has 5 doors mainly because they are rarely modified. I want to make it a modified one that still gets the nod.
Tomorrow or sunday Ill show more pictures of the drop.

Untitled-5.jpgclio.jpg

Ford Focus ST 2007
Im getting a Clio sport when im 20 next year :) Insurance is £600 renewal in 1 month so Im sticking with the 1.2 for 1 more year :)

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
What I would do

Xenons £150-200 ( best upgrade iv done)
RS grill £80 (new)
40mm springs £80 get rid of the gap abit
And leave

Don't carry on spending like me :/ haha

Ford Focus ST 2007
Im getting the wheels Refurbed to either Gun metal grey, or anthracite end of this month, still cant decide. But I will look into the Xenons and Grill ;) Lowered tomorrow 40mm!