ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suggested rear speaker fitting mk1 ph3 3 door

Clio MKI 1.2rl
hi guys,

my clio is a ph 3 1998 mk1 1.2 'biarritz'

i have a pair of 8" drivers in a sub box in my boot, and a pair of hertz 4" dash mount speakers. i have a spare couple of channels from my amp and would like to instal some 5 or 6 " speakers in the rear passenger area. I don't want to mount them on the parcel shelf, and am happy to cut some holes in the rear 'door' cards, but was hoping that someone could tell me if there are factory mounts behind the plastic interior before i start cutting!. if so, what size are they.

i know the obvious solution is for me to take the plastic card off and look, but i'm pretty ham fisted with refitting interiors so would prefer to just do it once after buying the correct size speakers....

thanks
jim

BBS and Lowws...
Yeah there are two speakers, one either side on the back plastic panels. Take them off and have a look. The panels come off reasonably easily ;)

Clio MKI 1.2rl
i had a look this afternoon, and there is no bodywork/speaker mounts at all behind the cards, just a giant void. which brings me to a new question - if i brace it with MDF rings from behind, can i mount speakers straight onto the plastic trim? or will it sound pants and rattle like crazy?...

BBS and Lowws...
Probably would work, you mind what to purchase a load of that sound proof stuff that stops it all from rattling.. ;)