ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

subwoofer...

clio 1.2 dynamique
in need of some advice,

im wanting to buy a subwoofer for my car and build a false floor to sink it into but i dont know what sub to go for?

has anyone got any suggestions of makes that i could try as im totally lost when it comes to audio, i just know what i want it to sound like :p

cheers simon

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless you are anally specific about building the EXACT correct sized enclosure, a normal box will sound much better.

But there is a guide on here how to build a spare wheel type enclosure.

Listerine & Poledo
I use a Pioneer all-in-one job, an alpine headunit with high-pass filters and the standard speakers.

It wont win any competitions, but it can be plenty embarassing enough if I dont turn it down before entering built up areas

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I will have an Alpine Type X 10" with box up for sale on here in the next few weeks, thats if your interested, can also include a JL Audio G-max Amp which runs it superbly if the price is right

clio 1.2 dynamique
i just like the look of the false floor as i dont like the look of a sub box in my boot :O (im very intrecate to detail that way)

do you have any pictures of your subwoofer and amp, preferibly in the car that i can see? also how much would you be selling them for?

182, 6r GTi
think youd have to go with a vibe sub they do ones with a shallow mounting depth then either fill your wheel well with cotton shizz or sound deaden it

clio 1.2 dynamique
how would i go about sound deadning it? just build a box into the spare wheel well and fill it with waden and then seal it and cut the false floor around it?