ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subway's New Beast

Engles Mummy
Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

As some of you may be aware; over the past 24 months I have building a Cobra kit car with my Dad & his Friend.

Now don’t get me wrong, even though it has been a true joy to work on the car and I absolutely adore the finished product. It was f**king sweat, blood and hell through out most of the months! Amongst the shouting, fighting and spanner throwing there were occasions where we saw the funny side of complete f**k ups I.e Engine wouldn’t fit to begin with, petrol tank leaking, carpets not sticking down, bonnet wouldn’t open…OH THE LIST GOES ON…so many annoying little things went wrong! But hey, it’s all part of the excitement.

I have never done anything like this before so it was a completely new experience to me (I thought my old Cup was a pain in the arse).

Please accept my apologies for not keeping the topic(s) up to date on the progress, but if any of you know me well; you will know that I dislike taking pictures and doing these damn write ups!

We didn’t fancy going for the traditional blue and white stripe option, because well almost 99.99% of all cobras have that. In the end we finished on a Gun Mental Silver with a Light Silver Stripe.

But anyway, enough chat. Enjoy! Sorry for the bad picture quality, I’ll get some decent shots and number 11 videos over the weekend.

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

- Some Videos as well -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCpJbDmjC7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNieCYNLOA

All comments welcome.

Much Love,

Adam

182 (Conversion)
IN LOVE!

Which kit is it, looks too good to be a Pilgrim, but it's not the Dax is it?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Impressive, even more so because you* actually built it.

*Does it actually work then? ;)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I thought this was an advertisment for a new Subway sandwich from the thread title :p

An another note, that looks a beast mate.

?
How much did this set you back if you dont mind me asking??*

*please pm me if you dont wanna say publically :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
stunning! always loved the cobra kits and looks so nice in that colour too

It's A Reno
This may be unpopular, but that is everything I hate about Cobra copies.

The lines are wrong, the bonnet scoop is wrong, the wheels are wrong, and I hate that everyone feels the need to have side pipes when they are not standard, required, and look and sound shite.
It lacks side screens, the ride height and stance are wrong, the roll bars are wrong, and it's a mish mash of Mk2 and Mk3 features. I could go on.

If these things have to exist then so be it, but for goodness sake don't call it a Cobra because it is a diluted caricature of one at best.

I don't expect a birthday party invite after this, but Im only being honest.

Integra Type-R DC2
tbh, no one except you and the few other anal Cobra enthusiasts will notice, so its all good.

Love it.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

The lines are wrong, the bonnet scoop is wrong, the wheels are wrong, and I hate that everyone feels the need to have side pipes when they are not standard, required, and look and sound s**te.
It lacks side screens, the ride height and stance are wrong, the roll bars are wrong, and it's a mish mash of Mk2 and Mk3 features. I could go on.

If these things have to exist then so be it, but for goodness sake don't call it a Cobra because it is a diluted caricature of one at best.

You know too much about Cobra's it would appear, where as I think its cool as f**k! :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

The lines are wrong, the bonnet scoop is wrong, the wheels are wrong, and I hate that everyone feels the need to have side pipes when they are not standard, required, and look and sound s**te.

I'm not a fan of reps either TBH.

M2 Competition
Looks great Adam. Love the colour choice too.

Random, but how come you decided to fit the fromt indicators on stalks, rather than in the holes below the headlights? Is that where theyre meant to go?

ITB'd MK1

The point of building your own car is that you can do it how you want to, not how someone else thinks you should

Tav

Clio 197
The point of building your own car is that you can do it how you want to, not how someone else thinks you should

I want to build a Cobra made of bits of old Ford Sierra? I dare anyone to stand in the way of my dream!

I thought it looked ok-ish for the most part, gear knob is homo sexual as hell though.

It's not a Cobra, but I bet it was fun as a giant working mechano set! I'd love to build a car some day but it'd have to be a genuine article for me, i.e caterham. I have a thing about fakes/replicas...but not everyone does. Big respect for finishing it, certainly looks like you did a good job.

There's a new AC Cobra just be released about I wouldn't go near that either. Chevy engine...wtf! Original or nothing for me and given that I am not a millionaire it'd be nothing.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
That is awesome! Must seem well worth the hassle now. Colour scheme is fantastic, really like it, and it suits it so well, makes it seem more classic, if that makes any sense.

alien green rs133
my dad said if he was ever gonna build a kit car... we will one day. it will either be a cobra or a stratos :D

MERCEDES CLS AMG

jesus - take it easy pal

It's A Reno
jesus - take it easy pal

I'm just being honest. Would you rather I lied?

My opinion is that if you make a Cobra replica, then by definition, you should replicate.
It is very impressive when someone troubles themselves to go into the finest detail to make one as authentic as possible.

I can appreciate the hard work that has gone into this car, to make it a very finished item, which a lot are not, but it's simply not my cup of tea.

This is my opinion and that's all it is, my opinion and as such means nothing, but bear in mind that you are the people that tear RS reps to pieces if they are not just "so".

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That is a lovely lovely car.

Well done to your Dad and his friend.

'Meh' to you.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
looks good, shame you couldn't change them old ford indicator controls what are they fiesta indicator and horn leavers ? swap them with some chrome arms or something