ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subtle mods

Clio 172
Right had my 172 for just over a week now and I'm loving it!!! Wanted to make a few subtle mods to it, just fitted some silver visions, and was going to get a splitter but not sure which one to get, going to paint brake calipers and fit a itg panel filter. that was going to be it thing is I'm really not liking how how it looks/sits cant afford coilovers at the mo. so was thinking of lowering springs looking at the eibach sportlines any body have opions on these?

thanks

A Flamin' Red one
Trust me mate. Us the search fucntion for ALL you need to know about Eibachs. It's been covered to death recently.

It sounds like you're going in all the right directions though :) One thing I would suggest which often gets overlooked but REALLY changes the appearance of the front end is a resized number plate. Go to fancy plates.com and order one to fit the recess of the front bumper, removing that overhang.

DSCN1525Copy-1.gif

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah i'm gona buy that size numberplate.
What size did you get it in? Did you go for 3/4 or do a custome size?

A Flamin' Red one
No plate other than what is 'standard' is legal. However... unlike those plates which are 3/4 in size, the above mentioned measurement ensures that it's very hard to tell at a glance.

Clio 172
wow it does look alot better doesnt it nice colour buy the way (mines also a flamer) is it you that has had all the exterior silver (bullets,wheels,diamonds etc) coloured black? looks really nice had my tsws on my saxo sprayed black (as that was also red)

A Flamin' Red one
Yeah, as said. The plate is a subtle mod which often gets overlooked when not wanting to spend big bucks.

Thank's for the compliment though Fella', and good choice with the colour yourself ;) ! Get some pictures up in the Clio media section of yours.

A pic of the black details - any excuse! But again, a subtle and popular mod.

DSCN1505Copy-1.gif

Clio 172
whatisjustis : that looks very nice the black looks good against the red bet it looks even better in the "flesh".

thanks for responses

Clio 172
silvertecs?? what are they?? while im at it, off the subject i know, but what does FTW mean i know all the other abrv. except that.

A Flamin' Red one
They're the same as the silver visions you've already fitted in terms of purpose - but they have no orange tint what so ever.

Clio 172
lol thanks.

as said before bought and fitted the silvertecs earlier today probably the easiest and cheapest mod im going to do although cant believe how tight the headlight housings are!!

Static Low
Not an RS but subtle mods all the same.

Silvervisions, smoked side repeaters, shorter aerial, painted badges, euro plates.. etc

baby12-1.jpg

Clio 172
nice example there andy, im a big fan of black cars not a fan of keeping them clean though :mad: as i found out (i used to have a black mkii golf loved that car!!)