ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subtle Mods to 182

tiTTy & SV650
its a load of shight. the R-sport ECU is used commonly, its not renault sport its a 3rd party. It raises the rev limiter a bit.

172, Tiguan
hahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahha

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
i simply cant believe what i am reading here......

surley noone would really believe this, the mechanics of it just dont add up..

the map from a meganne 225 with a turbo will be TOTALLY different to the 182 and probably wont get past 2000 rpm if your lucky before it throws its dummy out.....

where is your rev limit by the way????

A.

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
FPMSL!!! this is the ultimate thread of all... total gobs**te

i heard subaru are now remapping 182's and it gives you 300bhp inline with their prodrive sti's,

you should try that LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fat 182
i feel for the guy whos payed £450 for the megane chip
should of done a bit of reacrech first, the average jo bolggs on CS know more than a renault dealer ships.
NEB-CM if a renault garage tell you something you aint sure about your self always ask on here you nomally get a sensible anser to your question

Daz

E91 M Sport
Most dealers don't even know what cars Renault make.

If I was neb-cm, I'd sue renault for being such lying c***s....oh, and then go to GDI for your future services!

miketheman2k said:
Most dealers don't even know what cars Renault make.

If I was neb-cm, I'd sue renault for being such lying c**ks....oh, and then go to GDI for your future services!

hehe! It wasnt me whos been to the dealer matee, aint even got the car yet, pic it up thursday. :approve:

E91 M Sport
^^ sorry mate, I must have been laughing so hard I missed who posted originally ;) hope you enjoy your 182 when it arrives. Oh and don't buy a "225 chip"!

Mr2 Roadster
What has happened to this site???

This all seems a bit pre-school.

A clio would not even start with a Megane chip in it.

Seems to me that some inexperienced chap has come on here, clearly been robbed of £450 and all most people can do is laugh at him. Doesn't exactly inspire you to come back or become a member does it?!

As others have said, get on to the dealer asap and get all the details of this so called chip, pen a letter to Renault UK and also try to get the car looked at independently. I would also suggest researching things here before any future involvments with Renault dealerships, when people mentioned them not knowing the cars they even sell, that wasn't a joke, things really are that bad sometimes especially when it comes to RenaultSport models.

Megane Mk4
Ok ... Update peeps
let me FIRST appologise to NEB-CM- for nicking his thread last night.. :eek:

For all those that were advised I got an upgrade "megane Sport chip", Today I went to Huddersfield Renault to ask them about the chip swap.. The guy in parts laughed, which was a good sign in itself. I was told that Megane parts wont go in the 182, but as I have gone down the invoice for my purchase of the car they have charged me £450 for the apparent "mod conversion".

The guy at huddersfield has told me they've charged me almost double for a job that they themselves give

so the outcome peeps ...

I've written to Renault UK (under advice from fUbAr)

And I've also rang Gordon Mee (Area Manager, Yorkshire) And expressed my very good concerns about the matter... He's asked me for a copy of my invoice for goods and he's going to look into the matter further, but by that the impression I got, he was saying that Halifax Sunwin Renault have "acted unacordingly with terms and condition within guidlines"..

Looks like I'll be getting my £450 back :D

Megane Mk4
racing182 said:
Sounds good news,

I got my clio from a Sunwin dealer, and they have done nowt but f**k up my car lol. b******s

I had nothing but problems with them when I had my 172 but I think that was due to the 3 year doomsday bit!! lol

But it looks like the area managers on my side so thats a very good sign indeed ....

I wanna be there when the heads roll and the storm goes down!! pmsl :cool:

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
"Looks like I'll be getting my £450 back "

and some mate!! I'd be angling for 182 trophy rims myself ;) lol

yeah, what they did was a scam. There's no other word for it really.

Ask for the £450 back, then ask what they are going to give you as an appology for "stealing" £450 from you.

I'd ask them to provide the extra horse power that you had paid for...

Footing the cost of a throttle body conversion should wipe the smile off their face. :evil:

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
i would try and get more than just what you paid back maybe even a free service (if you want to take your car back to them of course)
speak to trading standards as well about the matter

^^
Here, Here.
They have blatently just robbed you out of £450, and for a company like this it is just crazy, hope you get alot more than your £450, there ass`s are definately on the line and i think you can push for a bigger claim, as basicly they`ve sold you something that hasn`t and can`t be done.
Good Luck

Could it be a rogue individual at the place in question pocketing the £450 rather than an actual dealer "scam"? I know things can be dodgy but I would find it really hard to believe that a main dealer would actually pull something like this.

Megane Mk4
lol ... Now I am apologetic for NEB-CM- .... :(
Its his thread and everyones going on bout mine now!! lolol

All I can say is that I'm gunna try to see what the score is and undoubtably, they probably thought that the chip would make a difference.. ( shame they didnt remember the Megane Sport engine is laid out differently! )..
I dont know who decided that the chip would fit and to be honest I thought the dealer would have sorted out that and realised, but I do know know that the area managers on the case now so it should be fun to see how much grovelling Sunwin Renault at Halifax are prepared to do.. :cool:

As for NEBS original post ... how about colour-coding the fog-lamp covers. They usually come black what-ever the colour of the car ??

Just searching through some old threads and came across this.

What happened in the end? Did l!ckeldev!l_2k1 get the £450 back, did it really have a megane hip in, was it bollox? Funny read.