ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Substitute to Xenons?

MG ZS180 Mk2
Hi all,

Have ordered a racing blue R27 with climate, auto lights/wipers and electric mirrors but have not gone for xenons.

Are there any decent bulbs that can recreate that beautiful bluish glow from the xenons?

I know you can get HID kits but was after a slightly cheaper option (sub £50).

Any ideas

as above, xenon "kits" can be illegal and fail MOTs, due to incorrect fitment, light etc etc etc

the bulbs that you see on ebay with "get that xenon look" are technically illegal as well, as you are not allowed to have coloured bulbs on the road (which they are, just painted blue)

i went through a phase of buying the next best thing, cost me too much and never got there. true xenon fitted bulbs, factory standard, are the only way youll be truly happy.

jamie

Mk4 .:R32
Sorry to thread hijack but where can u get bright side light for a 172. I was parked opposite a shop last night, when I started up the lights flicked on and it doesn't look right with yellow side lights and xenon headlights.

Sorry to thread hijack but where can u get bright side light for a 172. I was parked opposite a shop last night, when I started up the lights flicked on and it doesn't look right with yellow side lights and xenon headlights.

I just took the sidelights out, problem solved.

Alternitivly you could get some white LED side lights.

ST

I just took the sidelights out, problem solved.

Alternitivly you could get some white LED side lights.

Its the only way.

ultra leds - £2 each. Look same as Xenons in colour.