ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub set-ups

Monaro VXR
Mines quite simple.

install1.JPG

Amp for the sub is kind of hidden though. Can just see it poking out. Not bolted down but simply not able to as it has to come in an out of the car regularly. As I tend to have to cart my mother to the supermarket etc and shes in a wheelchair.

Mines quite simple.

install1.JPG

Amp for the sub is kind of hidden though. Can just see it poking out. Not bolted down but simply not able to as it has to come in an out of the car regularly. As I tend to have to cart my mother to the supermarket etc and shes in a wheelchair.

Got to love the SE i hade one in my old corsa SQL ported box it is was crazy loud and in a 1cu'ft sealed box SQ to the max

"Navy" N17 TWO
Mines quite simple.

install1.JPG

A wee hidden bracket might hold it in for you mate

Monaro VXR
Think its about as near as damnit 1 cu'ft now does sound nice want something more powerful though so was thinking of an upgrade in the future. But due to new car coming at some point in the next year and also a new house I cant really afford to spend anymore on this car just yet. Not sure how much I am gonna want a stereo in the next car either think the sound of a supercharged V8 might be enough.

Think its about as near as damnit 1 cu'ft now does sound nice want something more powerful though so was thinking of an upgrade in the future. But due to new car coming at some point in the next year and also a new house I cant really afford to spend anymore on this car just yet. Not sure how much I am gonna want a stereo in the next car either think the sound of a supercharged V8 might be enough.

upgrad as in sub if so just go ported and add more power this is my ols SE
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~toxicuk/SE 12.wmv

Monaro VXR
How did you have that setup? The one thing I find funny is when I have gone to Tesco or something got some shopping and just ended up with 1 bag I chuck on the drivers seat the sub causes the bag to puff in and out.

I am currently building a ported enclosure SQL one very similar to that one wonder where you got that design from? lol :D

Currently putting around 700W RMS into it not sure about putting anymore power through it. Mainly cause I have a funny feeling rattles might start appearing then with the extra volume. So far i have got away with no sound proofing anywhere and still sounds fine for what i want. I can now hear the bass drum properly and with the new components I can hear cymbols correctly again where as I couldnt with the stock system. Don't want to spend £200+ on sound deadening to then end up changing my car. The car is definitely going in November so dont want to spend that kind of money on something that I cant get back.

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
Stu_c no one likes a smart a**e wen it comes to building an install..would put mine up but its being rebuilt and is um.. laying every where the now.. i got rubber straps to hold mine down when i just had the one sub and amp.screw into back of box wrap it round summit and bring it back throught its own wee loop thingy.. held down no bother.. at the moment mines not bolted down or anything as its pulled in and out the now for siszing. i found a good one tho sub in the middle amp one side for 6x9's other side amp for sub..sounded wiked and could feel it through the seat in the back..lol..

Monaro VXR
Archers3001 : Im fine mate worked it out myself and got the wood cut I just need to put it together. But have no clamps at the moment...silly me :/

And sexualpaul...I cant see what stu did that was that bad. He put up a picture of his system not much else.

You would be wise to learn from a few people as by the looks of what your building your doing it a little back to front. 6x9's amped but no components running on an amp which is just gonna ruin the sound quality yeah it'll be loud but who gives a crap how loud it goes if it sounds shite? For the price of the 6x9's you could have got some components instead which would have given you just as much volume and sounded better.

"Navy" N17 TWO
What happened here? :S

Stu_c no one likes a smart a**e wen it comes to building an install..

***********************​

Paul don't take offense lad but you have done down the "Halfrauds route" with your setup. A few wee improvements will make it all worth-while for you, as wozzaa has pointed out.

I like my car audio and have no problem sharing solid advice I have learned from a professional outfit - not just an opinion :)

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
no didnt think any thing wrong with it..its a welll good install..actually praising him for it.... is it not the one he done himself?? lol.. and no i have a full mtx install.none of the halfrauds stuff..the strap i had to get was from my first one. i got.

GOLF GT TDI
well if you dont wanna bolt it down you can always set sub box straps easier to remove as well if you have to,

sexualpaul
what have i done n e way, he ask for pics of 1 and 2 subs thats what i have done sorry for replyin to a thread

Last edited:
  Clio 1.4
Hey guys why you arguing, i didnt specifically say only 1 sub set ups, so dont get your panties in a twist

all pictures are welcomed :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
has this thread ben overpowered by geriatrics? :(

Stu_C, I don't think sexualpaul ment any harm by that comment - just a poor attempt at humour. I was chattin to him and he said he intended no offense mate

GOLF GT TDI
yeah i know get used to some peoples humour on here, come on sexualpaul lets kiss and make up lol