ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub cable to engine bay on mk3's

RB 182
I found the hole where all the other cables go through however I can't get the sub cable through there... Any one else done one and found a way?

BMW E34 540i
I have done it but decided not go to engine compartment. We took the glove box out and there was red thick wire with plug connected to the blinded socket so we cut the plug off and connected the amp wire to it. Works very well.

DSC_4873.JPGDSC_4874.JPG

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
thats fin if your using tiny tiny wireing like yours (your amp must be either very small or very under-powered). Actually even then its not ok, that cabling is obviously ment to take the load of something else, and with your amp + the original load it could cause problems!

I would suggest direct connection to your battery every time. either use an existing hole or make a new one (make sure you pait it and seal it so it dosnt rust or cut the cable).

BMW E34 540i
You are probably right but I have it connected like that for over a year and no issues at all so it kind of proven to be OK. Indeed I have very simple set up.

RB 182
How would I go about making a new hole? Just go at it with a drill and make sure I don't hit anything on the other side? And what are peoples reccomendations on sealing? Cheers

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
yes just drill a hole in a place where it wont hit anything the other side. To seal it I would paint the hole with hammerite and once dry, place a rubber gromet in the hole (so make sur eyou drill your hole big enougth to accept a groment). Hope that helps.