ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub & amp

BNR33 GTR

Hi guys well i just joined this club and i just wanna ask if these 2 are ok together. I have a JBL W10GTI sub and a Hifonics XI Thor amp. Are they 2 good together?:D

Welcome dude, dunno abut your question, but there are some real ICE bofters on here, theyll be sniffing around sooner or later;)

**cough**, gti series you say, been a while since i heard any of them, at last count (1999) they were a quality series of speaker, the hifonics amp is a very good quality amp, combined without knowing igures id hazard a guess they do mix very very well

ps, how much for the sub?? ;)

BNR33 GTR

he he well i got the sub and box for £260 but just wasnt sure on the amp being powerful enough for the sub coz it keeps on going louder everytime my car idles. Do i need a power cap to solve this problem?:oops:

BNR33 GTR

will a power cap solve this problem with my amp not giving enough juice all the time? or is it a waste of time?

Power caps arent very well thought of in the ICE industry as they dont really do a lot. I would say if you have a power problem then you might want to invest in a bigger battery. Get the biggest one that will fit in the tray with the largest CA or CCA rating and AH ratings you can find...that should sort it.

BNR33 GTR

Nice one evil ice. Like a yellow top battery? or something better? If i do change the battery will i need to change the alternator? I have a ph2 valver. Cheers

Nope..the alternator should be fine. I think yours is a 70 amp model but I might be wrong.

You could get a yellow top..they are good batteries but fairly pricey. I use them myself. Stinger and Odyssey make some good batteries too.