ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub/amp wiring help

Clio 172 PH2
I am about to attempt to install the sub/amp wiring going from the boot of my Clio. RCA leads to head unit and the power cable to battery.

Having not installed this in a Clio before I thought I would ask for any advice or tips on where to route the cables? Previously I have just done it under the back seats, down underneath the door sills and find somewhere to get inside the dash to plug into the back of the head unit. As for the power cable, the same but on the opposite side of the car from the RCA leads, and drilling a hole through the bulkhead from the footwell to get to the battery.

Is it fairly easy to do in a Clio? Any particular points where it's easy to get cables behind the dash that might help me?

Thanks

172 cup- suzu rf600r
That's pretty much what I did mate, you don't have to drill though there is a wiring grommet on the passenger side, it's a b**ch to get to and even harder to get the wire through but it is doable (in the end I taped the wire to a big screwdriver and popped it through).

Its quite high up behind the glove box, you should find it

Black Sheep
I Tried the Grommet but gave up. I ended up doing it the good old way with a drill. I got a mate to tap on the inside with a screwdriver where I was planning to drill. I could then feel with my hand in the engine bay where I was going to come through. That way I knew I was not going to cause any damage. Be very carefull if you are drilling though take your time.

Inferno 182
I did it through the grommet, it is a b*****d to get out but once you've got a little bit of it out, i just got some pliars then pulled it out and was piss easy :)

172 Cup
Done this one quite easy ;)

If you screw a screw through the side of the wire so it comes out pointy end front ways down the wire. You just push the screw through gommet with screwdriver in head, get hand around from bay and pull screw though :p

5min job

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I found it easier to pull the grommet into the car side, use a craft knife to cut off the rubber section that most raised, which then opems up about a 10mm hole to get you cable through. when finshied, just push the grommet back in... :)

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Am i missing something painfully obvious, i just can't seem to find where the wire would come through in the engine bay...! so it goes through the grommet where the bonnet release cable and rear wash wipe tubes are fed through, but where am i looking to find it under the bonnet? Do the windscreen wipers and plastics all have to come off to get in there??