ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stu's 350z

350z GT
Hi All

Just a quick update on my 350z

Had it just over a month now. Original thread can be seen here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?695714-350z-GT

Not done anything major to it due to wanting to keep it standard for as long I as can resist...

List of updates are simply: New Nissan tax disc holder, Nismo dust caps, 350z owners club sticker and EVO sticker.

Next is probably going to be silver visions and then may upgrade the rear lights to LED versions from the 06>

Anyway, some recent arty farty shots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stu_24/sets/72157634055122536/

Renault Clio 197 Cup
Lovely mate! Get yourself a bootnet, best thing i ever bought for mine! Stops tins of beans slapping you in the side of the head!

DBA Disks with some decent pads make for some epic braking too!

350z GT
Lovely mate! Get yourself a bootnet, best thing i ever bought for mine! Stops tins of beans slapping you in the side of the head!

DBA Disks with some decent pads make for some epic braking too!

Got one with the car mate :) awesome bit of kit ha

Also got the Bluetooth adapter thrown in as well

I've got varrstoen wheels for road and some lightweight 18's for track. Haven't got any pics of those tho

D4B1D10B-1FCA-4B88-920E-C247293FE833-12967-000006A96DB84EB8_zpsda2f1ae7.jpg

654DFF5C-F64E-459C-BA73-3E49BA9DC6C2-590-00000041B2AC90F9_zpsb3753c23.jpg

Tbh they look much better in person. Some guy came up asking to do the bottom picture so I only have a copy with a water mark

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Is that a cassette player? Nissan were still fitting cassette players in cars sold in 2004?

Lovely car though, these have aged well imo.

PB Clio 172
I do like these cars but the running costs really put me off

Why the de wiper ? Sure its going to be a right pain reversing this in the wet

Fiesta ST2
Looks good mate I've the 300 GT version.

This was mine with the old wheels;

013.JPG

not the best pics but I've my roof painted black - looks ace imo (picture above had a wrap on it)

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

Also had the front lip painted (ignore the missing reflectors and toe eye cover)

IMG_0053.JPG

I enjoy mine more than my old R27... everyone says they don't handle as well - they do but they just feel completely different due to the weight. The noise is also immense. Good to see another 350z :)

Last edited:
I do like these cars but the running costs really put me off

I had one for 18months.

Servicing is pretty standard, tax can be £470 depending on age, insurance no different to previous cars I had.

Biggest expense I had was the fans failing, and a wheel bearing, costing me £1,050 to fix at Nissan.

Fuel, I averaged 24/26. So no different to my 335, and only a tad worse than my old TT225.

I loved mine; looked great, sounded great, was rare-ish on the road. I used to love stepping the backend out, it was effortless and felt controlled. I just struggled with no rear seats and the plasticky interior.

350z GT
Quick Update before Xmas.

Done a bit of tarting up under the bonnet recently with CF and colour coding.

Also went up to TDI North for some rolling road work and mapping.

bare4yze.jpg
4asaderu.jpg
udy6e3ur.jpg
y2u7edys.jpg
pe3u7edy.jpg
edy7u9az.jpg
13/12/23/hypaqe4a.jpg[/IMG]

350z GT
My apologies ha

Car was running at 275bhp as standard from a manufacturer quoted 276 and was running far too rich.

He removed the throttle graduator that Nissan sent it out the factory with and leaned it off.

Final reading was 282.1bhp around 10 more torques but can't remember the exact figures.

Only difference from stock is the intake and filter which is now a Takeda system.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
7 BHP & 10 LB/FT sounds about correct from a map .

Alan

My apologies ha

Car was running at 275bhp as standard from a manufacturer quoted 276 and was running far too rich.

He removed the throttle graduator that Nissan sent it out the factory with and leaned it off.

Final reading was 282.1bhp around 10 more torques but can't remember the exact figures.

Only difference from stock is the intake and filter which is now a Takeda system.

350z GT
Yeah I was more impressed that it still had what it came out the factory with tbh.

Not bad after 10 years.

Also the 155mph speed limiter has been removed ;)