ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid Question

Leon Cupra R 225
I'm looking at a car with a view to buying in a couple of weeks - thing is with the deposit I'm putting down I'll have to wait till payday to insure it unless my old man coughs up a 0% interest loan.

So what I want to know is if I can buy it (it'll have 6 months tax on it btw) and keep it uninsured on my drive for 2 weeks??

Oh and I think I'm being totally retarded :S by asking this but it's been a manic day at the office :eek: ;)

So fill me in ppl...:lolup:

Mk4 .:R32
It's only illegal to drive without insurance. If it's on your drive then theres no problem. Unless someone smashes it up or robs it, then your screwed cos you will have to fork out for it yourself.

But surely you will need to drive the car back to where u live anyway?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just inform your insurance company that you are taking it home, and it won't be "on the road" until a certain date

Brave to leave an uninsured car out in the open lol

They can insure it Fire and Theft only for a small amount but they might get shitty about it!

Leon Cupra R 225
Hmm, interesting one really... the car is 11k so don't really want it uninsured.. though we have a garage so could get one day cover or my dad to drive it home from the dealer and stick it in the garage till payday...

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Leaving a car unattended and uninsured on a public highway "counts" so not quite sure where that little gem came from ?

BMW M3
Short journeys do not count as being uninsured.

What the hell! Thats some real good advise, i hope your not trying to be serious.

lol.... im hoping Tommy realised he was just jesting.

Its sods law that the one time your not insured, is the one time you have a crash.

Ive got 24 hour access to an unused 4.6 litre V8 but am only insured on it 3rd party. Ive not even taken it for more then a mile in 5 months !!!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You might find your Dads insurance covers him to drive other vehicles that don't belong to him, on a third party basis only with the owners consent.
I know my NU policy does.

BLK RSC172
cant you take out a 30 day policy for it and just not pay for it..
like a 30 day cover note,, its done quite reguallary here in aus.

Leon Cupra R 225
lmao at Al!

Think I'll just get it insured temporarily or something, not going to risk having no insurance tbh

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Mate, just get insured, cancel when you've got it home by saying

"I'm not happy with the service".

Almost all insurers give you a 14 day money back period.

Leon Cupra R 225
Went down to the dealer today to check, turns out I'm covered through the dealership till I get it home and tucked away. I'll sort out full insurance after that.

Just want the fecker tbh!!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Went down to the dealer today to check, turns out I'm covered through the dealership till I get it home and tucked away. I'll sort out full insurance after that.

Just want the fecker tbh!!!

What is it? :)

hope it all works out